Not receiving texts on newest build

napes22

Reaction score
So I had moved away from Miui after my phone stopped receiving text in Feb and moved to project elite. About last week I stopped receiving texts on that rom, and came back to Miui because I read the SMS issue was fixed. Now I'm not receiving texts again.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with my phone or the roms I'm choosing. Has anyone else had lingering issues or been able to fix theirs?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dawg55

Reaction score
I have experienced issues of not receiving text/lost text on MIUI, and all the gingerbread roms I have tried. I am beginning to wonder if its a problem on Verizon's end or possibly Android itself. I am currently running the latest build of MIUI (1.3.5) and haven't noticed any issues with texting yet, but I can't be sure.

The most stable rom I have ever run on my phone is Sapphire, I ran Sapphire for a few months before I started using MIUI and it was a very stable and reliable for me. I never had any texting issues with it. Sapphire doesn't have the fancy UI of MIUI but it works well. If your looking for a stable rom you might want to take a look sapphire:releases:2.0.2 [CCRoms Wiki]

critz

Reaction score
Thought I would share this...

I was not receiving messages yesterday form certain people. I called VZW today and talked to a tech to see if they got hung up in the system and he told me no and when he sent the test it worked.

So I went into the phone and did some snooping around and found the text message limit in Messaging hit menu > settings > advanced settings > text message limit. Mine was set to 200.

Turns out that the people I wasn't receiving the messages from had conversions at or around 200 messages total. I deleted all my messages and now every thing seems to be okay.

Let me know if this works out for you.

OP
N

napes22

Reaction score
The text message limit only determines when the messaging app will start deleting old texts.

dawg55

Reaction score
I doubt the message limit has anything to do with it unless there is an issue where android is not deleting the oldest message to make room for the new one. Every time I have experienced the issue I have been no where near the thread limit and usually i have automatic delete messages off anyway

delows

Reaction score
i dont know if im in the right place but i have a problem with my mms hope some one here can help. ok this is my problem i have a htc evo on metropcs with MikFroYo-v4.5.PURE rom. evry thing works good even the Web works but when i send a text it would not send so i removed the Mms.apk and replaced it with the one frome EpicBlueBeastV621, now i can get Mms but i cant send when i do no Mms shows up on the receiving cell but when i send one to myself i get the picture with a text saying (the application file smil.xml was deleted what did i do wrong HELP!!!!

Last edited:

topdogg

Reaction score
I'm also on the newest build and experiencing SMS problems. I thought I was getting all my messages until this morning when my gf showed me texts on her phone she sent me which I never received. I moved away from MIUI for a while because of this but agree that it appears to be a GB thing as I also had problems with this on PE, although I believe MIUI is not built on any GB parts yet, no? I might give CM7 RC a shot to see if the SMS problem exists.

Last edited:

topdogg

Reaction score
i dont know if im in the right place but i have a problem with my mms hope some one here can help. ok this is my problem i have a htc evo on metropcs with MikFroYo-v4.5.PURE rom. evry thing works good even the Web works but when i send a text it would not send so i removed the Mms.apk and replaced it with the one frome EpicBlueBeastV621, now i can get Mms but i cant send when i do no Mms shows up on the receiving cell but when i send one to myself i get the picture with a text saying (the application file smil.xml was deleted what did i do wrong HELP!!!!

Sorry dude, you're completely in the wrong place.

OP
N

napes22

Reaction score
@topdogg

Let me know how it works out for you. I was having the issue on PE4.2 also, but then again that's also GB parts. I was on GoSMS when I used PE.

CM tends to run sluggish on my phone, but if it fixes the sms issue I'll jump in it.

topdogg

Reaction score
@topdogg

Let me know how it works out for you. I was having the issue on PE4.2 also, but then again that's also GB parts. I was on GoSMS when I used PE.

CM tends to run sluggish on my phone, but if it fixes the sms issue I'll jump in it.

@napes22

I'm currently rynning CM7 RC and have already missed quite a few texts. I believe this ROM is also based off of GB. I'm at a loss here, guess I'm going to have to go back to a froyo ROM and see if the problem persists.

WalterBWW

Reaction score
I have had similar problems before also.. I did a fix permissions under Rom Manager and have not had any problems since.. I have also had this problems in GB Rom's but because of the Screen Lag in GB and how awesome MIUI is I have had no desire to try this fix on a GB Rom.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I've had this issue on my D1 regardless of ROM, I even had it when my D1 was stock on 2.0/2.1.