1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Not Receiving Texts, and Now Phone Calls

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by napes22, Mar 18, 2011.

1. napes22

napes22 New Member

So I had moved away from MIUI a few months back due to missing texts. I came back and now the same issue is occuring but it's sporatic. Now it seems I'm missing phone calls too.

Once I reboot the phone it works fine, so it appears that something is either being killed or freezing up. Does anyone know anything about this? It's making my phone unuseable.
  2. rob22202

rob22202 New Member

Hrmm...I am running UD 3.1.1 right now and was about to come back to Miui because I am missing calls and texts on UD.

It seems to be more than a Miui issue. But what?

- Rob
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  3. dawg55

dawg55 New Member

I am by know means an expert on Android and mobile platforms but I'm guessing it has something to do with an essential task/service getting killed or not running. MIUI does have a large memory footprint
  4. napes22

napes22 New Member

If UD 3.1.1 is a GB ROM then you have your answer. The memory management in GB is extremely aggressive and will kill any open program in the background on the original Droid. Try running Pandora or Slacker in the background while multi-tasking. Bet you $5 it gets killed.

If MIUI has that large of a footprint it makes sense. Just disappointing because it's such an amazing ROM.
Search tags for this page

miui not receiving text messages

miui received texts

motorola xt897 not receiving texts or calls