not receiving text message until i hit power button and take out of sleep mode

tnclutch

Reaction score
95% of my texts i dont get until i unlock the phone. This is very annoying and can someone please help me fix this?

Last edited:

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
are you actually talking about it being in "sleep" mode? Or just locked? Sleep mode disables connections, so no phone, text, email, etc. Just locked it should not be doing that... check all of your notification settings in the messaging app

bvjens31

Reaction score
Still having the problem? Is your mobile data set to always on?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
In Settings, Power, there is "Enable Sleep Mode". If this is set to Automatic (and I think it is by default), it seems that the phone tries to determine for itself when you sleep, and then creates its own schedule when it shuts down the network connections. This would explain why the OP doesn't get texts throughout the night. It also puts a warning in the notification area when it is in this sleep mode. I set mine to manual and set my own times, but I'm thinking about disabling it because the phone is on the charger when I'm sleeping, so I'm not worried about power consumption during that time. Besides, the phone won't respond to one of those mandated presidential alerts that are required if the network can't be accessed. :blink:

Eccles227

Reaction score
Are you still having this problem?

I may be a little late on this and I apologize for this but I just purchased my Rezound a few days ago and I suffer from the same exact problem but its 50/50. However, a friend of mine also bought this phone with me and hers has this problem 90-95% of the time like you said. But it seems both of our settings are the same. I've toggled all the setting twice over and performed a factory reset. Still no good. It's good to know it's not just me and my friend as a manufacturer defect but also bad that this could be a wide spread problem. But why aren't we hearing more about it? IMO, the Rezound is an amazing phone and solving this inconveniant issue would it make it that much better. If anyone has a solution to this problem, please let us know. Us Rezound users would appreaciate this:happy3: