not receiving or sending all texts to people

amandals2007

Reaction score
if this is a repeat please direct me to where i can find this, but i have been finding that my phone does not get some texts from one certain number and sometimes they dont get mine. i have not noticed if its with any other number and have been looking out for that for a week or so but right now its one number and they have att. any advice? this person has no issues with others getting their texts which is why i feel like its my phone. verizon is gonna kill me because i got the samsung fascinate in may and they replaced it 5 times then replaced it with the droid 3 last month because they couldnt fix my problem of not getting text from everyone. can someone please help me??!!?!?!??!

mikedyk43

Reaction score
if this is a repeat please direct me to where i can find this, but i have been finding that my phone does not get some texts from one certain number and sometimes they dont get mine. i have not noticed if its with any other number and have been looking out for that for a week or so but right now its one number and they have att. any advice? this person has no issues with others getting their texts which is why i feel like its my phone. verizon is gonna kill me because i got the samsung fascinate in may and they replaced it 5 times then replaced it with the droid 3 last month because they couldnt fix my problem of not getting text from everyone. can someone please help me??!!?!?!??!

Does this person have an iPhone?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

mikedyk43

Reaction score
yes this person has a iphone 4

That's what I thought. My wife and I have this same problem at times and it is do to the manner in which iPhones send texts, especially picture messages. It is my understanding that iPhones do not support mms so they worked out a method that converts it to an email and is then is reconverted to a mms message by the recipient. This doesn't always work well. The method I have found that fixes this for my wife and I is instead of sending you a text from an existing thread, this person with the iPhone needs to either delete the previous text thread between your phones or just start a new one. Try this and I am pretty sure this will solve your problem, at least for a while.

OP
A

amandals2007

Reaction score
So u mean they have to delete our whole convo from their phone???? Is that what I need to tell them to do?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mikedyk43

Reaction score
So u mean they have to delete our whole convo from their phone???? Is that what I need to tell them to do?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

They shouldn't have to delete the entire conversation, but instead of opening the existing conversation and sending you another text, have them open their contacts and select your name and send you a text from there. If it does not go through, then yes, they will have to delete your previous conversation and start over.

chronox17

Reaction score
I don't think this has anything to do with the IPhone in this case, I think it's Verizon's problem. I had an IPhone with AT&T before switching to the thunderbolt and never had a single issue with any messages being sent or received. I have Verizon and the Droid Bionic which was sent to me after having my thunderbolt replaced several times for messaging issues and I'm having the same problem with my fiancee not receiving some of my texts and I don't get some of her's. She has Sprint and an HTC Evo Shift, not an IPhone.

Last edited:

lb5107

Reaction score
I've been having this same issue. I've always had problems receiving texts from one of my friends (she has an I-Phone). Now all of the sudden I am not receiving texts from my sister (I-Phone) and my Mom (non I-Phone)... It is very annoying!!! :icon_evil: I wonder if anyone has an answer to this yet??

Last edited: