Not receiving messages, but able to send??

RottnDogue

Reaction score
Droid Incredible.

Same problem here. I could send text messages but I was not receiving them, unless I sent them to myself. I called Verizon spent 2 + hours doing master reset and trying various other things only to still have same issue and my phone reset.

So the rep put my service on another phone (a test phone) and it worked flawlessly. So he stated it must be my phone, when I asked how that could be he asked if I got the Gingerbread update. I had this past Saturday, but I've gotten text messages since then. He couldn't explain it but said it probably had something to do with the 2.3.4 update and that it was a software issue with my phone. He is going to send me a new phone overnight I should get it Thursday.

He tried to sell me the Bionic, but I don't want that crap I will wait until something comes out that blows me away... maybe the Vigor.

blondie1483

Reaction score
SAME exact thing happening to me right now. Got the 2.3.4 update a few days ago; had a serious memory issue, and now i cannot receive any text messages (but i can send them). UGH. I also have the Incred..

pinacocacola

Reaction score
Same problem, not receiving texts, but can sent, update 2.3.4

This is my wife's phone droid incredible, but exact same problem.

verizon said they would replace it since it was 1 year under purchase, but noticed the cracked screen (cracked screen or no, messages should work!!!) and said that we would be assesed the damage fee, and most likely have to buy a new one.

Verizon is a joke, they know about this, so does HTC. They want to stall, or in verizons case, want you to buy a new phone. And what did they suggest? and iphone 4. And of course my wife would do anything to get out of her cracked screen.

Now what? I am going to attempt a root.

DMK23

Reaction score
Same problem here. Can send, but can't receive. Worked for a while after the upgrade, but then I got that "low phone storage" thing too and can't receive any texts. Took it to Verizon - they did a total reboot, but still can't receive messages. Got rid of the "low phone storage" message, though. Yippee. Not. I have the incredible, and I'll be dammed if they think I'll be purchasing a new phone. This one is less than a year old. Hope they fix it soon... Sounds like Verizon and HTC might have a conspiracy going.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same problem here. Can send, but can't receive. Worked for a while after the upgrade, but then I got that "low phone storage" thing too and can't receive any texts. Took it to Verizon - they did a total reboot, but still can't receive messages. Got rid of the "low phone storage" message, though. Yippee. Not. I have the incredible, and I'll be dammed if they think I'll be purchasing a new phone. This one is less than a year old. Hope they fix it soon... Sounds like Verizon and HTC might have a conspiracy going.

If it's less than a year old then you're covered under warranty. Call VZW- don't go into a store- and they should agree to send you out another one at no charge.

DMK23

Reaction score
Thanks, Enlightened.

BTW, check your voicemail - I just found 14 - even though my icon said I had no new messages... another problem with the download. Called HTC, they said they are working on a fix for the texting - but no ETA yet.

supfool

Reaction score
I have been dealing with the same issue as everyone else here, what a bunch of crap. Here is what I posted just a little bit ago, before searching the forums...sorry. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/171791-my-incredible-not-so-incredible-anymore.html

A
nyway I'm getting the same responses from Verizon and HTC. As someone else mentioned, warranty or not how is it my fault that an update you sent out jacked my phone up?!?! Why should I have to invest in a new phone when mine was working perfectly fine until your update came through? I've been calm for two weeks now over this, it might be time to become an eThug and start sending them all kinds of hate mail....gangsta style!!

Thanks,
supfool

DMK23

Reaction score
Just a follow up - went to Verizon store, just for fun, you know, because I have two hours to kill while they figure this out. I did not mention anything about tons of other droid/verizon customers out here who are having the same problem. Wanted to see what they came up with. My store had to call Tech Support. They said it was a "back end" problem and tried for a while to fix it. Finally, they ran a "ticket" which means that they check the local area to see if there is a general problem with Verizon's service. Well, duh, obviously there is not a general problem - I am the only person in the entire area that can't text, so that means it's the service area??? Rocket scientists! Told me if I still can't text by tomorrow, they will order me a new phone... not sure if it will fix the problem, because won't it have the same software??? It sounded to me like Tech support both locally in my store and the tech support she called at Verizon, wherever they are, know nothing about the problem that we all are having.

My suggestion would be to go to your local Verizon store ask them to try to fix it, and if they can't, then get a new phone - but don't pay for it. Talk to a manager, and tell them they need to remedy the problem immediately. None of us should be paying for new phones, and they should be crediting our bills since we are paying for a service and they are not providing it.

I will let you know if I actually get a new phone. And if it works!

bg138287

Reaction score
Same problem. I went into my local Verizon store about it, and they did literally nothing for me. Told me straight up there was nothing they could do for me. I replied with, I'm paying for a service that I'm not receiving. So they gave me a $10 credit on next month's bill. And I have now vowed to never set foot in a Verizon store again.

Retroblique

Reaction score
Yup, my HTC Incredible started giving me low storage space error messages shortly after the Gingerbread update. After a factory reset my phone lost the ability to receive text messages and it's now been that way for a week.

I called tech support on 9/11 and was told that it was a known issue effecting "most" Incredibles with the Gingerbread update. The problem is at their end; some bug in their software is tripping the Incredible. No ETA on a fix.

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
Have any of you guys contacted HTC? I've been emailing and on the phone and I got the following email this morning:
"The 2.3.4 update in and of itself (ie the changes made to the messaing application during teh update) is the cause of the problem. It is true that we are working on a bug fix. We appreciate your patience in this matter."

Not sure how reliable it is since whoever did that can't spell. Maybe they were typing on an iphone. Haha! Jk!

matt91turbo

Reaction score
Just got back from Verizon and explained the situation. They said there is a note in the system to replace the phone with the Incredible 2, so that's definitely some good news that they are taking responsibility for this mistake.

Violus

Reaction score
Fix for not receiving messages

I wasn't receiving messages after I factory reset my phone (I was getting low space and memory messages after the update). I went to a Verizon store today and a guy fixed the issue. He said he ran a program from HTC's website and fixed the bug.

OP
D

dreamtomorrow

Reaction score
"ran a program from HTC's website" sigh. So general. If only we knew what it was. Or that HTC would let us know there was a fix. So your phone is now receiving messages? That must be nice...mine did that once upon a time.

crazycatlady2352

Reaction score
I called HTC support and got a fix for the text messaging problem! Go to settings/ then applications and check the box to receive from unknown sources, then go to dl3.htc.com/misc/inc8049.apk when you hit enter its gonna download a thing called hot fix, and after a couple mins your texts should all flood in!

Xposted on Facebook