Not receiving emails that have attached pictures after ICS updgrade

DJGeorge

Reaction score
I've noticed that since I upgraded my Droid4 to ICS, when my wife sends me an email with a picture attached from her Droid4 w/ ICS, I never see it on my phone. I do receive the email on my home computer but not on my phone. This is using a POP mail account and I get emails before and after, just not the ones with the attachment. Though there is a Droid4 on both sides of the communication, I assume it's the receive side since the computer does receive it, unless there is something odd about the format that causes it to be rejected by the ICS email app on the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any way to fix it? It is really bad because I've been using my phone nearly exclusively for my home email lately and it is very disheartening to know that I may not be seeing everything that is beng sent to me.

reybie

Reaction score
Check if you have any data saving rules that downloads attachments only when connected to WiFi. Check Smart Actions also, it might have come with data saving rules by default. I have mine turned off.

reybie

Reaction score
What email app do you use?

Also check System Settings, Data Usage, hit the menu, Restrict Background Data (is it checked? mine is unchecked)