Not quite as durable as Droid...

Kevinb84

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Well yesterday I was setting up a swing set for my step daughter. I realized I forgot a few screws in the house so I ran back to get them. On my way I apparently stepped in some gum. For some reason, when I looked down to see what I had stepped in, I dropped my phone. It landed face down on my concrete porch and this is the result.

brokenincredible.jpg

Luckily I've got insurance and took the above pic with my new phone. I need a case!!

ChansteR

Reaction score
Was the phone in a shirt pocket? If so, this is like the 2nd time this has happened on these forums lol with the DI.

OP
K

Kevinb84

Reaction score
Nope, it was in my hand... not even sure how it popped out.

And yeah I did have insurance luckily

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn I've dropped my Droid from waist height in my lifted truck down onto concrete. As well as a few drops from my shirt pocket onto tile. So far only a small ding on one corner *knock on wood*

Glad you had insurance.

OP
K

Kevinb84

Reaction score
Yeah, I was actually quite surprised at the results myself. I've had and dropped a diamond, touch pro 2, droid all with little to no damage.

This was about a four foot drop face down.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I could see my Moto Droid's screen cracking if it fell face down on concrete. It just all depends on the angle it hits I guess.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I could see my Moto Droid's screen cracking if it fell face down on concrete. It just all depends on the angle it hits I guess.

yep dropped my droid face down on concrete.. not a scratch, but im pretty sure there are cracked MOTO droid screens out there. ive seen one on this site..

ChansteR

Reaction score
There are a lot of factors that can come from screen cracking. I've seen Droids crack and some not, some DI's crack, some not.

It depends on how it dropped, how high, where on the phone it makes it first contact with the ground, the surface of the ground itself, if you decide to throw it in a rage, what planet you are on etc....

:p

Guchi

Reaction score
this slid off my lap while i was getting out of the car into ice with some grave and snow in a ski resort parking lot so.... it can happen to any glass screen
guchi-albums-my-cracked-screen-picture248-picsay-1261292171.jpg

Prerunnerseth

Reaction score
Mine fell last night from about 4 feet onto a thin piece of carpet like they have in offices. Only nicked one tiny bit on one corner and it cracked on the opposite corner. I also have insurance.

Were you able to get an insurance replacement in the store? or did you get it shipped?

OP
K

Kevinb84

Reaction score
Mine fell last night from about 4 feet onto a thin piece of carpet like they have in offices. Only nicked one tiny bit on one corner and it cracked on the opposite corner. I also have insurance.

Were you able to get an insurance replacement in the store? or did you get it shipped?

I got mine shipped from Asurion.