Not patiently waiting for my Droid with FEDEX...

Laramie

Reaction score
Howdy,
Been a blackberry and iphone user, now live in a state with only Verizon service.

Got to take advantage of my NE2 discount so my droid ended up costing me $99. They gave me free Fed-Ex next day shipping, but since it was done yesterday after 4:30, I gotta wait until monday.

At least I'll have the weekend to read about the best apps to put on my droid and get some videos and mp3s ready. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums!
Fed Ex.... ugh. It's gonna be a long weekend for you! LOL. It'll be worth it come Monday however :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You know Monday is a Federal Holiday....

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums!
Fed Ex.... ugh. It's gonna be a long weekend for you! LOL. It'll be worth it come Monday however :)

Thanks! Just checked the tracking, set for a Monday delivery, just hope I can leave a signed note and the delivery man will leave it.

I like your avatar...what's your everyday carry?

G22 in a Comp-tac MTAC here :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums!

Thanks! Just checked the tracking, set for a Monday delivery, just hope I can leave a signed note and the delivery man will leave it.

Fed Ex requires an authorized Fed Ex door tag to leave a package. :(

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums!

Well that's garbage. Can I pick one up over the weekend or do I have to wait until after they attempt first delivery?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well that's garbage. Can I pick one up over the weekend or do I have to wait until after they attempt first delivery?
Pick one up. I've tried before at a postal store that offered Fed Ex shipping and they didn't have them. I was told by the store employee that only Fed Ex locations have the door tags.... and I wasn't successful finding a way to print one out on their website. I think an official location is the only way.

roflcopters

Reaction score
I had a time with FedEx waiting for my Droid too..first it was out for delivery, then not scheduled for that day and taken back to the warehouse, then I trek to the warehouse to get it over the weekend, find out they are closed cause some dude told me the wrong time...in the end it was all worth it lol

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score

Pick one up. I've tried before at a postal store that offered Fed Ex shipping and they didn't have them. I was told by the store employee that only Fed Ex locations have the door tags.... and I wasn't successful finding a way to print one out on their website. I think an official location is the only way.

Nice thanks, looks like I'll go pick one up tomorrow.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem. I had the day off when mine was delivered, but otherwise I would've gone to get the door tag.

hart.jordan

Reaction score
I remember that wait... it was a killer to have to just sit there an be so helpless, it'll be worth it trust us. BTW Congrats and good luck.

johall07

Reaction score
are you sure you need an official door tag im pretty sure my dad got a fedex package the other day and all he did was write a note on paper and the package was at the door when i woke up

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
Drove to the Fed-Ex hub today to get said doortag, lady at counter looked at me funny and told me to just write a note on the door. Easy enough :)

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
I remember that wait... it was a killer to have to just sit there an be so helpless, it'll be worth it trust us. BTW Congrats and good luck.

Yeah it sucks, but i'm making playlists and converting mp4 movies and tv shows. So i'll be ready to go by monday :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Drove to the Fed-Ex hub today to get said doortag, lady at counter looked at me funny and told me to just write a note on the door. Easy enough :)

That's what I was going to say. I normally put my Name, Who/Where it was shipped from and the Shipping number/info and sign it. Never had a problem.

Like your avatar. I'm a Springfield man myself (Grip angle is more natural for me). I alternate between a 45-XD and the 40-XDm.