not on the OTA update path? wtf? plz help!

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
ok so i've been thinking of updating from .902 to .905 because i heard root was still possible and because battery life i heard was amazingly better than 902. my issue? im on stock with some slight modifications to my status bar and icons and stuff using romtoolbox the liberty tool box app by jrummy16 but thats all i did to it.
im running sys version 5.9.902.xt875.verizon.en.US
GB 2.3.4
and my kernal is 2.6.35.7-g83f1a47vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 # 1
as far as i know thats all i need to be correct to be on the path still right? yet when i go to check if i have an update it says i don't have one. so what can i do to get back on the path? or is it just too late for me to do it? i have the official ota zip from droidlife but it requires RSD lite which leads me to believe duh it'll wipe all my data and downloads and EVERYTHING about my phone off of the internal store. that doesn't make me too happy considering you know?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It could be that the update is not live yet. I believe its still in soak testing. My bionic hasn't got the update either :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The people who've been getting it seem to be the soak test people and they were to have sent in the survey by today. I'm not expecting it until some time next week. Don't forget it's random and not everyone gets it all at once.

When you check for updates, you are sending a signal to the carrier. The carrier checks your version and IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number and if you're scheduled to receive it, you'll see a message saying so. This means that if you're scheduled to get an update on June 19th at 3:47am, your phone will say that it's "Up to date" even though others have been getting the update since June 14th.

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
well what about the previous updates like 904? aren't those LIVE? shouldn't i have gotten SOMETHING after 902 already? it seems like 2-3 updates have already been mentioned thus far in the past few months yet i haven't received ANYTHING past 902 and i find it odd considering that these updates should have been live already. or was 904 just a leak as well?

jhom

Reaction score
There hasn't been anything official since the 902 release. Everything else has been leaked. 905 will likely be the next official release. Some of us are soak testing it right now. My guess is that it will be released next week if no significant problems are reported. Patience...

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
ok.......;w; i mostly just want ICS official release because the longer it takes for an official ICS build to come out the longer itll take for Devs to work out all the kinks in ICS based ROMS ;w;

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The people who've been getting it seem to be the soak test people and they were to have sent in the survey by today. I'm not expecting it until some time next week. Don't forget it's random and not everyone gets it all at once.

Hard to send in a survey that hasn't been sent yet. Survey was supposed to be sent out sometime today - and today isn't over.

well what about the previous updates like 904? aren't those LIVE? shouldn't i have gotten SOMETHING after 902 already? it seems like 2-3 updates have already been mentioned thus far in the past few months yet i haven't received ANYTHING past 902 and i find it odd considering that these updates should have been live already. or was 904 just a leak as well?

.904 was a leak and never soak tested - .905 is currently soak testing and should be the next live OTA.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hard to send in a survey that hasn't been sent yet. Survey was supposed to be sent out sometime today - and today isn't over.
That's right, they were hoping to send the survey out today. Don't know how long after a survey it'll go out, but one thing is for sure....we'll see threads here like "I GOT .905!!! :icon_ banana:"