Not happy with the Thunderbolt....

cpjr

Reaction score
I also get "network unreachable" quite often even with full bars and 3g.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Sounds like a phone or SIM problem to me.
And no, warranty isn't transferable.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

If the phone is only two weeks old its till under factory warranty and Verizon will honor that. Doesnt matter if he bought it from Verizon or a friend.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If the phone is only two weeks old its till under factory warranty and Verizon will honor that. Doesnt matter if he bought it from Verizon or a friend.
Read what DroidDOES said above. It's transferred ownership. To the O.P. - maybe there's a good reason he sold it to you?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Incorrect. VZW won't even honor warranty from BB, Wirefly, Amazon, etc. It was more than likely activated as CPE (Customer Provided Equipment)..aka - no warranty. HTC on the other hand is a different story.

cpjr

Reaction score
Hmmm, well tell me this as I must be confused.

I bought my first, the D1, from ebay. Speaker went out. Verizon swapped it no questions asked.

Next I had an Incredible which I bought off craigslist, mic went out on it.....Verizon swapped it no questions asked.

So whats the difference?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I bought my first, the D1, from ebay. Speaker went out. Verizon swapped it no questions asked.

Next I had an Incredible which I bought off craigslist, mic went out on it.....Verizon swapped it no questions asked.

So whats the difference?
Consider yourself lucky. The 3rd time might not be the charm. What DroidDOES is saying is correct. We both worked for Big Red at one time.

cpjr

Reaction score
I believe you....Im just sayin what my experience has been. Of course I run 2 companies and my phone is on the company account....we pay Verizon a mint every month, lol.

PS- The TB was bought new by me and is insured :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

So whats the difference?
Consider yourself lucky. The 3rd time might not be the charm. What DroidDOES is saying is correct. We both worked for Big Red at one time.

+1 I wouldn't have done it. Not my discretion or anything but, I was always told it had to go back to where it was purchased. Period.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I'm having some issues with my d2g as are most owners. I didn't even bother with vzw, just go straight to htc if I were you. Moto has been pretty helpful with me. I'll see if me phone comes back issue free.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
so your saying if you buy a phone from a dealer like BB, wirefly or Amazon with a new service, verizon wont honor the warranty on the phone? Or you are referring to a phone that was bought out of contract and an esn change was done to it

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so your saying if you buy a phone from a dealer like BB, wirefly or Amazon with a new service, verizon wont honor the warranty on the phone? Or you are referring to a phone that was bought out of contract and an esn change was done to it
This is what DroidDOES posted. I thought it was self explanatory.

+1 I wouldn't have done it. Not my discretion or anything but, I was always told it had to go back to where it was purchased. Period.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

Doesnt make sense. If you buy a phone from an authorized dealer, Verizon is supposed to honor the warranty. My uncle replaced his DROID X with verizon 3 times and they offered him an incredible the 3rd time. He got his phone from a dealer. In addion, my freind got a warranty replacement through verizon for his OG droid when he first got. That phone was also purchased from a dealer. :icon_eek:

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I don't know why but this phone is so slow and laggy. It takes forever to load internet pages and especially long to download market items. It took over 2 minutes to download weather channel app. I have reset the phone, pulled the battery, cleared cashe, etc. This is when I have full bars and 3g....( no 4g here). My DX was way faster than this unit. What a waste of my money....I bought it out of contract. I have.to pull the battery daily because half the time it can't connect.

There's something wrong with it. Take it back and get a new one. It has a one year warranty.

If there's one thing about this phone, it's fast. It should be noticeably snappier and more fluid than your Droid X.

jseah

Reaction score

Doesnt make sense. If you buy a phone from an authorized dealer, Verizon is supposed to honor the warranty. My uncle replaced his DROID X with verizon 3 times and they offered him an incredible the 3rd time. He got his phone from a dealer. In addion, my freind got a warranty replacement through verizon for his OG droid when he first got. That phone was also purchased from a dealer. :icon_eek:

They probably never told Verizon that they bought it from a dealer and not from Verizon. If they did, then they would have been told to bring it back to the dealer for service.

motoconvert

Reaction score
It doesn't hurt to try and take it back to Verizon. It'd not like hes trying to cheat the system like someone bricking their phone. Or the worst, committing insurance fraud. So they tell you no...then go to HTC...

MrKleen

Reaction score
Before you take it back do a factory data reset.

This will probably resolve your issues.

It's very simple.