Not happy with the Thunderbolt....

RVC

Reaction score
I don't know why but this phone is so slow and laggy. It takes forever to load internet pages and especially long to download market items. It took over 2 minutes to download weather channel app. I have reset the phone, pulled the battery, cleared cashe, etc. This is when I have full bars and 3g....( no 4g here). My DX was way faster than this unit. What a waste of my money....I bought it out of contract. I have.to pull the battery daily because half the time it can't connect.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And when you read DF with other TB users, you're not seeing a great deal of people having these issues. Want to know why? Because it appears you have a bad phone. Did you drop it, get it wet or install something that is slowing it down? Did you root, install a ROM? I believe you need to contact VZW either at a store or on the phone and swap it out with another one, no?

Reaction score
sorry you're having trouble. do you have any rogue apps installed that might be slowing it down? maybe take it to verizon and see what they say?

i have the thunderbolt and have zero complaints. its as fast as could be on 3G. i can't wait until 4G/LTE is available in my area that way this phone can really take off.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
And when you read DF with other TB users, you're not seeing a great deal of people having these issues. Want to know why? Because it appears you have a bad phone. Did you drop it, get it wet or install something that is slowing it down? Did you root, install a ROM? I believe you need to contact VZW either at a store or on the phone and swap it out with another one, no?

I was thinking the same thing. No T-Bolt should be acting the way your phone is. Take it down to the store or call them and get a new one so you can get back on to the happy side of being a T-Bolt owner. :icon_ banana:

mitchb2

Reaction score
I agree. The tb is fast.my droid x friends call me a showoff every time I pull it out, and the droid x is fast.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Sorry for the poor experience. What your experiencing is pretty uncommon; a shame considering you got it off contract. You could try going to Verizon and work something out with them. Hopefully you can get this issue rectified.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea this is the first i've heard anyone complain about the tb that's what i've been leaning towards lately when my upgrade comes around

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
Yeah it seems like I am the only one. My phone is stock and I don't have a bunch of apps on it. I will take it to Verizon and see what they say. Thanks!

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
I also get "network unreachable" quite often even with full bars and 3g.

sonnl

Reaction score
I actually have the same problems, as well as mine freezes on a daily basis especially when I text or go into messaging. What are rogue apps? The only apps I have are from the market place, and id gate that these apps are causing my phone to break versus my iPhone never giving me problems from the iTunes store apps. Also, I'm past the 14 day return policy so will they even do anything?

OP
RVC

RVC

Reaction score
Yeah I bought this phone from a coworker. I wonder if Verizon will do anything for me....its only 2 weeks old!!! Dang this sucks!!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I also get "network unreachable" quite often even with full bars and 3g.

Sounds like a phone or SIM problem to me.
And no, warranty isn't transferable.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try a factory data reset.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
^ This