not happy with google/verizon

John Z

Reaction score
So my phone kept doing random reboots and it got to a point where i had to call Verizon. So they tell me to do the factory reset to my phone. OK done. Now it is still doing random reboots but a good hand full of programs I had paid for and downloaded are not on my phone anymore. I did a search quick n saw TV show stream, movie stream, megaviewer pro and all those nesoid type programs have been pulled off the market. So the lady on the phone tells me they caused issues probably I said no cause i still have them on my tablet n it works perfectly. I told her all I want are the programs I paid for back n she said that's androids problem call them. I know i can probably download the apk somewhere but I dont want to have to worry about tampered software. I have no clue how to root so I can't get them off the xoom.. what a waste.. at least when I had the iPhone I had the app backed up on my computer. I don't want to ever go back to apple tho. But this is nonsense.

Ideas?

bplewis24

Reaction score
So, you never made a backup of the apps?

Making application backups is not Verizon's responsibility, and if the app is no longer on the market that's another matter altogether. Search for the .apks as I am sure they are being hosted somewhere. Let the devs know you paid for it already and I'm sure they'll let you download it.

Let that be a lesson to people to always make backups.

Brandon

PARick

Reaction score
So my phone kept doing random reboots and it got to a point where i had to call Verizon. So they tell me to do the factory reset to my phone. OK done. Now it is still doing random reboots but a good hand full of programs I had paid for and downloaded are not on my phone anymore. I did a search quick n saw TV show stream, movie stream, megaviewer pro and all those nesoid type programs have been pulled off the market. So the lady on the phone tells me they caused issues probably I said no cause i still have them on my tablet n it works perfectly. I told her all I want are the programs I paid for back n she said that's androids problem call them. I know i can probably download the apk somewhere but I dont want to have to worry about tampered software. I have no clue how to root so I can't get them off the xoom.. what a waste.. at least when I had the iPhone I had the app backed up on my computer. I don't want to ever go back to apple tho. But this is nonsense.

Ideas?

Hindsight is 20/20, but that is why I use My Backup pro.

OP
J

John Z

Reaction score
Totally agree with you Brandon. I didn't think u can backup apps without being rooted.
I'll try contacting the developers maybe they can help, I just wassnt happy with the responce of Verizon to say not there problem. If this is going to be common practice I would they would at least warn people. While I do have these apps on my xoom I'm limited to the 2 gb limit where on my phone its unlimited...

oh, am i able to back up apps non rooted cause all the apps im missing are on my xoom...

OP
J

John Z

Reaction score
i contacted 2 of the 3 developers.. 1 responded but seems to want nothing to do with helping me(and i purchased 2 of there apps) :(

edit: contacted google, they said there is nothing they can do since the app was removed from there server so if i was to get another copy it would be up to the developer to send it to me.
edit 2: contacted verizon again and was told there is nothing they can do.. i asked since i still have the apps on my xoom if i would beable to have unlimited tethering so that i can use the apps and was told that was impossible since its not offered anymore.

end result: everyone root your phone and back up your apps cause u will be SOL if they are removed from the app store n you have a problem with your device.