Not getting text notifications is becoming a huge problem with GB ROMs

Discussion in 'Liquid Themes' started by NewDroidOrder, Jun 21, 2011.

1. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know that this is not an isolated LGB bug but I frequent this section and love the ROMs that are produced so I figured I would ask it here.

Has anyone figured out how to stop this problem from happening indefinitely? I know that the reason it happens is because the system kills the MMS app, which in turn results in not receiving a notification when a new text message arrives. The option to "lock MMS in memory" seems to really do nothing to combat this problem that is in every GB ROM that I have tried. I have also went in and selected the MMS app in the "locked activities" option but again, with no avail.

It happens so randomly that I can't really even attempt to prevent it from happening. Normally if I am using an app that is a huge memory hog I can expect for this bug to show its colors. However when I'm not doing anything and the phone is idle with the screen off why does the system still insist on killing messaging?! It drives me crazy!

Hope to see if anyone has found an end all solution for this ugly bug that is everywhere in the GB ROM scene.

/rant

2. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Somehow I managed to post this in the wrong section... oops! Can a mod please move this to the normal Liquid section? I seem to be unable to delete this posting.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  3. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Seems odd because I haven't had that issue on any GB ROM??... I have my notification ringtone to the 'Drooooiid' and it does it every time. First I heard about what you're saying??

4. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had about the same luck as you've had with getting messages. I've tried every GB rom and the only one that has worked fairly well is SS. I do hope a better fix is found.

5. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    OP, try lgb 2.1.... I have had the same issue lately but only on liquid... SS is fine but my battery lasts longer on lgb.... but so far I've gotten all my test texts from various people....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

6. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well sadly I've tried them all and I just can't handle it anymore, I really might have to go back to a froyo ROM. When I first started using SS 5.4 I was really liking it and I was getting all my messages, then after using it for about a week I started not getting the notifications again. I've tried CM (a while ago) SS and LGB but still haven't found any consistency.

7. Smokie

Smokie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife's OG droid is having the exact same issue with not getting texts messages all the time. LGB 2.1, and 2.3 def do it as well, for this phone at least. Sucks I never had that issue at all with my own D1. Maybe i'll just give her that for a while.. Might have to go back to froyo ;[

Search tags for this page
does the galaxy 4 stop receiving text when on idle?

droid x2 not receiving text notifications

droid x2 text notification not working
not getting messagong notifications on moto x
stopped getting text notifications
why am i not getting notification of text on android