Not getting same speed??

VisualAssassin

Reaction score
I'm running the wireless tether on ky dinc and the other day I was getting 54mbps the same if I was running on a cable modem. Well, today I'm only getting 18-24mbps. It's secured so noonne is mooching off my connection. What could be the issue?

Sent from my Droid Incredible

xan

Reaction score
too much interference/noise on that wifi channel maybe?

Snow02

Reaction score
You don't have a 20+ mbps data connection anyways, so it's not affecting you at all.

OP
V

VisualAssassin

Reaction score
Bull sh*t its not affecting me. I was pulling 54 mbps on the computer the other day from the phone and when not using the computer running netflix with no lag and now I'm not getting 54...and both computer and netflix are laggy.

Snow02

Reaction score
Lol. You can only get up to the maximum data rate of the connection to the internet. The tethered connection rate needs only be higher than that. So again, unless the connection to the net is over 20 mbps, which it's not, it's not affecting you.

OP
V

VisualAssassin

Reaction score
Apparently I'm not understanding you. Why did I get 54mbps yesterday and today I'm not?...I'm not b.s.ing about getting 54 on the comp. It stayed at 54 until I shut the tether off. It's not making sense to me.

Snow02

Reaction score
Wireless G has a maximum connection rate of 54 mbps. Your 3G connection maxes out around 2.5 mbps, but more likely averages around 1.5 mbps. Either way, if your 3G connection is only 1-2 mbps, it doesn't matter what the tethered connection is, so long as it's higher than 2-3 mbps. Make sense?

OP
V

VisualAssassin

Reaction score
I get what ur sayin, but why was I getting wireless g speeds the other day and I'm not now? I wasn't connected to anything but the tether.

Pineapple95

Reaction score
You weren't getting wireless g speeds!! If your computer told you otherwise then its time to fix your computer.