Not getting notifications from face book

camaro1173

Reaction score
Hi all not sure if there is a thread about this yet I took a quick look and found nothing.

My problem is I do not get any push notification at all form face book app. For example if some one comments on your post, you'r supposed to get a notification sound to let you know that some one has commented on your status, I have yet to receive a single one since I picked up my Bionic on D day.

Does any one out there have the same problem or is any one receiving the notification alerts??

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I think it's an Android thing. I only get fb notifications about every 10th time

idefiler6

Reaction score
I'd be pretty irritated with push notifications. Just check your phone every 3 hours or so and set it to txt you if you get a PM.

tbell6

Reaction score
Did you get the email from Face Book, that they were reducing notifications by changing settings? You need the reselect the desired notifications in your profile.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
Did you get the email from Face Book, that they were reducing notifications by changing settings? You need the reselect the desired notifications in your profile.

Thank you I did get that email. I am talking about the actual notification right from face book, not the emails that they send out.

michael22

Reaction score
Thank you I did get that email. I am talking about the actual notification right from face book, not the emails that they send out.

The blackberry idea does truly work. My wife came from a blackberry and she always got push notifications and i did not. First i deleted the application (droid) from the settings menu in my facebook account. This is a list of applications that have been given access to your facebook account. Then, i deleted the data from my facebook app and uninstalled it after. Next i removed the facebook account from my accounts on my phone. After this i did a battery pull. I went into a verizon and grabbed a blackberry. I logged into the facebook app on the blackberry and made sure someone posted to my wall in order to see the the notification pop up on the blackberry. After this, i logged out of the berry, re-added facebook to my accounts on my android and downloaded the facebook app once again. I activated all notifications in the facebook app but selected never for the option about searching for notification updates. After all of this, i have instant push notifications.

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
The blackberry idea does truly work. My wife came from a blackberry and she always got push notifications and i did not. First i deleted the application (droid) from the settings menu in my facebook account. This is a list of applications that have been given access to your facebook account. Then, i deleted the data from my facebook app and uninstalled it after. Next i removed the facebook account from my accounts on my phone. After this i did a battery pull. I went into a verizon and grabbed a blackberry. I logged into the facebook app on the blackberry and made sure someone posted to my wall in order to see the the notification pop up on the blackberry. After this, i logged out of the berry, re-added facebook to my accounts on my android and downloaded the facebook app once again. I activated all notifications in the facebook app but selected never for the option about searching for notification updates. After all of this, i have instant push notifications.

Hi thanks for the post my only? Is do you have the bionic i ask because my wife has x2 and gets notifications wiyh no problem plus my friend has a D2 global and his works fine as well..

Slntagent

Reaction score
am i the only one who gets instant notifications from FB? i actually had to change the polling rate to a longer time duration because i was getting too many lol.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get instant notifications from facebook but I have the led notification for it off because it's just Facebook.

michael22

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the post my only? Is do you have the bionic i ask because my wife has x2 and gets notifications wiyh no problem plus my friend has a D2 global and his works fine as well..

yes, i have the bionic.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I posted above, but I still had the OG Droid. I have had the Bionic since Thursday and I have not missed a notification yet. As I was first setting the Bionic up one of the default set up routines sent me to set up the Social Networking app. (blur app?) I set up FaceBook and LinkedIn within the app. The app sucks, so I DLed the FB and In apps and set them up as normal. I did not undo any thing on the Social app. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but in all of my android time I have only gotten maybe 1 out of 10 FB push notifications. I don't think I have missed any FB push notification on the Bionic.