Not getting notifications for emails anymore

jets91090

Reaction score
I used to get a notification for every email I got, but now I'm not getting any. I checked the setting and I don't see anything different.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you still gettting the emails and just not the notification? - this might be because of another app counteracting the notifications

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
what all apps have you downloaded recently?

and for email (im guessing gmail) did you go into gmail>settings>and make sure that the email notifications is checked and the sound you want to play (not silent) is selected?

jamjr74

Reaction score
I have read that there ia an issue with the stock email program that does this. I downloaded K9 email from the marketplace for free and have been using this as my email and have not had any problems. I do like the look of the stock email better but what good is it if it does not work properly.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
My problem is that my google voice text messages are no longer showing up in Chomp. Not sure what has happened but over the last week or so here in Phoenix AZ I have been having issues with Twitter, Facebook, Email, and TXT messages updating.

Im running CyanogenMod -5.0.6.2

And before you ask it all was working before and I have tried *228 option #2 and option #1

Edit - I just noticed that I had the option checked in chomp for the T-Mobile network, i just fixed it and I'll see what happens. This may have been the cause of my missing text messages

bL33d

Reaction score
i starting useing k9 email and will never use gmail app again i get instant email notifacations and can delete prior content in forwarded and reply emails.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
i have also noticed that here in phoenix lately that 3G service has been rare lately

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jamjr74

Reaction score
the stock e-mail works great, why do you say that?

A lot of users of the stock email (myself included) are having issues where the email stops syncing and you stop getting your email. You have to reboot and then it works fine for a while but it will stop syncing again.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
the stock e-mail works great, why do you say that?

A lot of users of the stock email (myself included) are having issues where the email stops syncing and you stop getting your email. You have to reboot and then it works fine for a while but it will stop syncing again.

Yes, that was happening to me. Here's the bug report for that:
Issue 5616 - android - Loaded Email POP3 client stops working after a few hours on Droid phone 2.01 version - Project Hosting on Google Code

Also, isn't it true that you can't empty the trash with the Email app? Beyond those things, though, the Email app isn't being updated and it doesn't allow some functions...like setting your "From" email address when composing an email. There are some other bugs which you can find here:
Issues - android - Project Hosting on Google Code

But hey, if it works for you then that's great.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed people using task killers a lot randomly stop getting notifications for everything. Many many moons ago (last week) I was pro task killer until I realized it was killing my notifications. Deleted my TK and now notifications come in fine. Not saying this is the problem, but if you are using one, try going without for a bit.