1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Not getting new mail notification in status bar for initial setup/default gmail acct.

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by funops, Jul 14, 2012.

1. funops

funops New Member

Hi. When I set up my Droid 4 via activation / initial setup, I gave my gmail account and made that the default. I subsequently set up a couple more Accounts (work, mine). If I understand correctly, to access that initial setup gmail account, I tap open the Gmail envelope icon/app. To access my other accounts, it seems I have to tap open the Email envelope icon/app?

I have the Gmail default account set to display email notifications in the status bar, for every new mail. Yet, nothing displays. I am almost sure it did initially display a gray'ish icon, but I've never seen it again even though I'm receiving new email in that account. Whereas, the other accounts I created, via the Email app, displays a notification of new mail in the status bar (red postage stamp-like icon with @ symbol).

Obviously I'm a bit confused about the two mail apps (Gmail, Email) but I'm wondering why I cannot get the default gmail account created at initial setup to display notifications in the status bar even though I definitely have that checked off in its settings.

Any suggestions on where I've gone wrong with this?

Thank you,
    Bob
  2. ggiannop

ggiannop New Member

I have the same problem with only one account. I' ve read that it s a known bug and it will be fixed. I haven't seen the fix yet though!
  3. ggiannop

ggiannop New Member

Thanks, I found the solution. On my HTC ONE X with android 4.x I had turned Auto syncing Off in Settings-Accounts & Sync. It seems that the general rule blocks the app's settings. The problem was with syncing, not notifications!
  4. funops

funops New Member

That did the trick, thank you for posting. :)

Bob
Search tags for this page
android email app notifications not working

android email notification in status bar

android email notification settings

email not showing up on status bar note 3
email notifications does appear in status bar android
galaxy gmail not showing when have mail
galaxy s4 not showing emails in notification bar
gmail does not appear on status bar when i receive email
gmail no notification bar

gmail notification in status bar