not getting most notifications

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by DJNight, Sep 6, 2011.

1. DJNight

DJNight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since installing PE 6.5 I haven't been getting popup notifications from some of my apps. messaging has been spotty, sometimes I will get a notification that I have gotten a text, other times, nothing until I actually load messaging, then I see I have new messages. Also when I reboot the phone sometimes I will suddenly have a txt that wasn't there moments before, and was sent earlier. Text+ I use as well, and the popups do not work at all on that since the update. I had the beta PE before the full release and both were working then. Could I have a bad install? I did restore apps from Tibu, and I did restore my contacts and I think it was my phone settings, I know that GLD said not to but that was coming from v4 froyo. Should I reinstall clean again and perhaps not restore any apps or data or anything? Anyone else been running into this issue? Thanks!

Contract up in oct... hoping the bionic will be all they say and more.. or maybe the next breed will be ready by then.. but not holding my breath. Just trying to eek the rest of my d1 time with the best possible setup (PE)

Running pYrple Mix theme if that could possibly be affecting anything.

Thanks!
    Greg

2. Captain Crypto

Captain Crypto Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm having the same problems. I'm also not receiving quite a few texts that people send... my beautiful girlfriend is accusing me of ignoring her. This may be the biggest problem of all - I am not a handsome man and I need to hang on to what I got, you know?

Anyway, this weekend I'm going to completely wipe and re-install PE6.5. I'm not going back to Froyo. I'm sticking with PE until I get a new phone in October/November.

3. diggy488

diggy488 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'd do a fresh install and DO NOT use Titanium to restore anything. I know it will take a while to get the phone customized like you had it before, but if you want a smooth running phone it will be well worth it. Mine is still running very well. I get all my notifications.

4. DJNight

DJNight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks diggy, going to do that right now.. hoping things clear up. want to squeak this og droid out till the rumored Prime is released, provided it isn't pushed back until the end of time like the bionic was. :blink:

5. diggy488

diggy488 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm in the same position. Thanks to this rom, I can wait several more months for the Prime or Vigor without sacrificing too much.

6. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What your problem is is the way that GB handles memory. Because we have only 256mb or RAM these higher values make it so vital things get killed off when they shouldn't. What you need to do is go to this link for the SuperCharger script. I choose option 12 and it seems to work pretty much perfectly. This will also keep your launcher from being killed off too causing redraws. It's easier than it looks, all you need is to get Script manager off the market then load up the script into the app, apply, reboot, done.

Search tags for this page

wifi notifications