Not getting email at night?

fbm111

Reaction score
For some reason my phone gets the emails during the day but at night it does not get the emails. Is there a setting that keeps the phone from getting the emails at night? Even when I wake up and hit refresh it does not pull the emails in, but I wait about 30 minutes and I have all my emails. Any ideas?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe your friends sleep at night and don't send out emails?

The other thing is, are you somehow set up only to sync at certain times with a program you might have got? For example with Timeriffic, you can go into airplane mode and set it to be in that mode for certain times of the day. Other than that, I don't have any other ideas.

OP
F

fbm111

Reaction score
No timer programs. And when I check on my ipod touch I have ten or more.

OP
F

fbm111

Reaction score
Gmail is working great. Problem is with rocketmail / yahoo.

jcrs

Reaction score
having the same problem

I'm having the same problem with Yahoo...the e-mails are there, but not coming to Eris at night or in the morning, even after refresh.

Hoping someone has an answer.

OP
F

fbm111

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with Yahoo...the e-mails are there, but not coming to Eris at night or in the morning, even after refresh.

for me the problem was I was app killing the email program. are you killing email program?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

for me the problem was I was app killing the email program. are you killing email program?

There isn't a reason to kill any app, unless it's a rouge app that is written poorly.

OP
F

fbm111

Reaction score

There isn't a reason to kill any app, unless it's a rouge app that is written poorly.

i don't disagree with you but how does this statement answer op? especially with nothing to back it up. I personally have done extensive research on using and not using and can negate the argument both ways. but I stopped using them because it is easier for me not to.