1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Not getting all text messages

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by tacoboy42, Feb 18, 2011.

1. tacoboy42

tacoboy42 New Member

Woundering if anyone can help me out here, my droid misses text messages and never recive them. It seems to happen when im using 3g alot and i know that i cant do voice and 3g at the same time but i never recive the texts i miss, they just get lost. and when checking the texts from my wifes phone they appear to have been sent sucessfully. ive searched around for this on diffent fourms but never find a solution that works. ive noticed the issue since bbv.5
  2. THAWARRIOR10

THAWARRIOR10 New Member

are you using a 3rd party app for text messages?
  3. tacoboy42

tacoboy42 New Member

nope, im using the stock messaging service
  4. mventura57

mventura57 New Member

Was just about to post this same thing. Been having this problem for a few months with bugless. Another problem is that every time I reboot my phone, the most recent 10 or so messages that I sent will resend themselves. I love petes ROMs, but this is a MAJOR problem that needs fixing asap.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. Gordonx42

Gordonx42 New Member

im also seeing this. I see a sent text message on my wifes phone to me, and I never received it.
  6. v!nce

v!nce New Member

Same problem here. Really annoying
  7. OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid New Member

This is concerning, just rooted my phones with plans of flashing BB, but I don't want to stop receiving text.
  8. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ New Member

I haven't had this issue at all with Pete's ROM's until today. I'm using GPA11 so I guess I'll download and flash GPA12 and see if that solves anything.
  9. Game4set

Game4set New Member

Yep I've had this issue also. I made a thread about it a few weeks ago but got no response/fix.
  10. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 New Member

I'm seeing this on a stock CM nightly, and been seeing it for the last several nightlies. I'm beginning to think it is a common thing amongst several roms out there that are GB based.

I actually think it is an issue with the phone going to sleep and not getting woken up correctly for any sort of notification. I've also missed calls I never see as missed calls as well as my twitter/rss notifications not coming through as regularly as they used to.

I think it is more widespread that just text messages. Can anyone else agree?
  11. hyperdude

hyperdude New Member

I've never had this as a chronic problem, but I can confirm Maverick's thought that (at least sometimes) it's because of how the phone gets woken up for a notification, because I've noticed once or twice that if I wake up the phone just after a text comes in, the notification and text will disappear. Maybe it's how Gingerbread runs on Droid, something not entirely compatible or something.
  12. v!nce

v!nce New Member

I don't think this problem is gingerbread related. I've had this problem ever since froyo
  13. Jason R

Jason R New Member

Used to have this issue when I first started rooting my droid over a year ago and it was the minimum on set cpu is set too low and the phone wont receive the call or message sometimes. I usually just keep mine around 500 ghz when in sleep mode and never have a problem. Try that for a few days and c what happens.
  14. OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid New Member

Bump

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  15. tacoboy42

tacoboy42 New Member

well im still having this problem aparently. anyone find an answer?
  16. alwerner

alwerner New Member

Missing Text...

I just started experiencing it with .6.2.1 over the last few days. When this happens, phone calls couldn't be received either.

I rebooted once I found out this happened and the last text message from the person came through (but on their side all said delivered). Not good considering the text and phone calls were from my daughter needing something.

I have been running .6.2.1 for awhile so I'm not sure what is going on. Maybe I'll change the clock settings to see if that will help.
  17. neoaeon

neoaeon New Member

I had this problem with Juice Defender/UltimateJuice. What ever way it turns off 3g was breaking text/MMS. MMS big time, MMS would just disappear into the ether for ever. SMS I'd get at least most of.

No resolution short of reloading the ROM on JD/UJ's support site.

[Issue] JD vs Google Talk vs Gmail vs SMS

I uninstalled JD/UJ and everything went back to normal.

-neoaeon
  18. monolithic

monolithic New Member

If you're running a ROM that allows you to lock an app into memory, then do that: lock your messaging app into memory. From what I've read, that will solve the issue.

As for me, I gave up on all of the Gingerbread-based ROMs. Not going to them again until things are less buggy.

M.
  19. cwciwatch

cwciwatch New Member

Works for me, I agree that GB is a bit of a pain. getting better though.
  20. neoaeon

neoaeon New Member

On GPA14 I've run in to the lost SMS issue and was able to do some testing with the wife last evening.

The first time it happened I had a ~20min delayed receipt. I sent a message at 1829, she responded at 1835. at 1847 I asked "did you get my message", at which point I received her response and an additional response of "yes, I replied" all at once.

The second time it happened I sent a message at 1852 that asked "did you send those together or separate, because they both showed up at the same time." Her response at 1859 of "I sent one at 1835 and the other just now" I never received.

When I got home at around 2000 I showed her my texts and she showed me hers, we tried the trick of sending a response to "force" the lost message through and it never came. It was lost.

At least from this short round of testing, along with some other MMS oddities that have shown up in GPA14 texting. I believe that something is taking mmssms offline (oom-killer?), it doesn't restart until you send a message. If it's been less than an hour since you went "offline", things showed up delayed. If it's been over an hour, they're gone for good.

I went through the sms database with Root Explorer to make sure it wasn't something weird in the app just not showing it. It was not in the database.

Times are 24hr EDT.

-neoaeon
Search tags for this page
android not getting all of my texts
i am not getting all of my messages on my samsung s5
i have vorizen. why am i not getting all my texts on my smsu

not getting all my text messages

not getting all my texts
not getting all of my texts

not getting all text messages

not getting all text messages on droid

why am i not getting all my text messages