Not Getting 4G?

dsw1519

Reaction score
Had to do a hard reset. Now I have to load my apps and change all the settings again. This sucks.

fireman00

Reaction score
I have a RAZR MAXX, today had a problem wtih 4G / 3G starting at about 08:20 ET this morning. Instead of going to 3G when I left a 4G area I got 4 white bars, no 1x, no 3g, no data connectivity. I called Verizon and was told there was a nationwide outage and a ?? number of 4G devices which were having issues reverting to 3G. They had me reboot, take out the SIM card, set to "CDMA only", etc with no luck. I had no data connectivity until about 13:00 ET I was back on 3G.

cece5702

Reaction score
What's going on with Verizon? The network?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
As they call it... growing pains....your definition may vary

sent from my RAZR MAXX

PandaKey

Reaction score
Okay, I rebooted it and I've got full bars 3G now. Thank you very much! Still wanna get my 4G back though, but I'll have to deal with Verizon for that, I'm guessing. Thank you, again!

I just did the reboot and got my 3G back with full bars. I hope I get the 4G back soon and I'm definitely calling Verizon once I get a chance to do so. Thank you so much for the help~

Lucky you. I talked to Tech Support and nothing they told me to do would work. I even updated the phone's system (I bought my Razr on eBay and got it yesterday, bought a SIM card today and had the people at the Family Wireless [a Verizon store] activate it). Tomorrow after work I'm going to the local flagship store (they have techs on-site) to have it checked out. I already contacted the eBay seller and he said he'd refund my money ($315) if the tech at the store says it's defective (which, right now and after the frustration, I'm kinda hoping it IS defective).

Pacco17

Reaction score
I had this problem this morning. I called Verizon and they informed it was a 4G outage. They also told me to switch to CDMA only but I couldn't get 3G. They wanted me to power off pull the battery and remove Sim card but I didn't have time because I had to get to work. Shortly after all this my 4G came back on and I no longer had any problem. When I changed the setting from LTE to CDMA I did not get 3G but 1X. So I changed setting back to LTE and got 4G back. Maybe if I would have power cycled the phone, removed Sim Card maybe I would have gotten 3G. The bottom line is on Tuesday there was a nationwide outage of Verizon 4G which quickly came back on.

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
So I've had my Droid Razr Maxx for a few days now, not even a week yet, and everything's been fine till today. I haven't gotten my 4G internet at all today and I'm starting to get worried. I don't know if it's because I'm in my school building (it's not even a building, it's a lecture hall), but I've been having to use my school's wi-fi instead of Verizon's 4G. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

at or around the time of your post, Verizon reported a 4 G outage...it isnt your phone.

tmal2

Reaction score
I had 4G issues yesterday which went away after I went to the local Verizon store and after 30 minutes of playing around they replaced my SIM card . Today, I lose my data connection AGAIN. I Called Verizon and was told there was yet ANOTHER data issue today that for some reason only affected Razrs and iphones. Verizon really needs to get their act together. Their data services have been horrible for the last 4-5 months

PandaKey

Reaction score
I had 4G issues yesterday which went away after I went to the local Verizon store and after 30 minutes of playing around they replaced my SIM card . Today, I lose my data connection AGAIN. I Called Verizon and was told there was yet ANOTHER data issue today that for some reason only affected Razrs and iphones. Verizon really needs to get their act together. Their data services have been horrible for the last 4-5 months

ONLY affected the Razr's and iPhones?? Yeah, right... what a crock! LOL What's kinda strange, is yesterday at my local Verizon certifie store (Family Wireless) the manager told me our area isn't in a 4G network, but when I talked to VW's customer service last night, the guy told me I was. Today I decided not to even continue to bother with the Razr I got off eBay, and contacted the seller. He just refunded my money (thank God, cus the starter in my truck died 90 minutes ago and I'll be bringing it to a garage tomorrow to be fixed).

dsw1519

Reaction score
I've lost data again. No 4G or 3G. I was traveling this weekend and lost the data. I called CS and after going through the tests they are now saying this is an issue with this (my) phone. They are sending a new phone by fedex. They actually wanted to charge me the shipping, but after push back they are shipping for free. Now I have to reload my apps and change all they settings again.

Has anyone else had to warranty swap a D4 for this?