Not enough space for movie?

B.Jax

Reaction score
So i want to put a BR rip of Shooter on my dx. its in 720p and nice and crisp, in a .mp4 format. It will transfer but not play....then when i convert the video to .avi, it says there isnt enough room on the card. 12 gig of available space and this .avi is 4 gb. helpp?

viper08

Reaction score
well for starters the moto droid or the droid x will not play .avi container type file no matter what you do they (Droid/Droid X) dont contain the decoder for that type of file.. try this...download this iphone/ipod video converter its called handbrake ..just google it and convert the avi with that free program then transfer it to your droid x via usb and all i did was create a folder titled videos on my memory card and place the newly encoded movie in it ...it works perfect with the preset iphone/itouch setting ...or just play around with the settings within that program...but i personally use the iphone/itouch preset..hope this helps

ffej89

Reaction score
Same thing i use format factory though and its free

viper08

Reaction score
is that a good program ??..i have heard of it but handbrake has worked perfect for me so never really needed any other program other than that to convert my videos and movies

ffej89

Reaction score
Yea i found handbrake after i had format factory so i never tried it. F.F. works for me to convert dvd's to mp4 format.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I find DVD Catalyst to easier to use than handbrake....YMMV

RVC

Reaction score
I use handbrake to convert then use doubletwist (mac) to import my iTunes onto my droid. The movies show up in the gallery under videos.

Bagellord

Reaction score
FAT32 has a file size limit, and I think that is the format of the SD cards.

gujupmp88

Reaction score
FAT32 has a file size limit, and I think that is the format of the SD cards.

yeah, this is the problem. since the sd card is formatted in FAT32, it has a 4 gb size limit. and the OP said he is trying to put a 720p movie on the card. 720p movies are usually anywhere between 4.5 and 10 gigs, depending on the movie. So long story short, you can't add HD movies onto your droid.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
...unless you have a video editing program that can chop them up into 2GB (or smaller) sections.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk