Not droided yet

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by cerbum, Dec 27, 2009.

1. cerbum

cerbum New Member

Still a DumbPhone(tm) user. Already on VZW, trying to decide to go droid or not. I'm a Mac/OSX gimp. Historically, VZW has completely and utterly SCREWED anyone who wanted to sync a VZW phone with a mac. Want to make sure Droid & OSX play well together before I take the plunge.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

There are several Mac users on here, I will let them chime in.... Welcome to the Madness..
  3. cerbum

cerbum New Member

I figured there would be -- I've tried 'osx', 'mac' as search terms, and found absolutely nothing. I just tried 'apple', and sure enough, lots of search results. I'm amazed that mac and osx turned up nothing. Time to walk through the 'apple' search results.
  4. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

There really isnt anything to sync its all done with your gmail account for the most part.
    But the Droid and the Mac connect perfectly each time I hook them up to transfer my files back and forth. you have nothing to worry about it go for it.
  5. mynameiserich

mynameiserich New Member

I'm a mac owner and as far as transfering music, movies, etc its just drag and drop and I've had no problems with this whatsoever.
  6. cerbum

cerbum New Member

Oddly enough, I don't care about music OR movies. I want to make sure the contacts in address book sync with the phone, and that you can get mail from servers OTHER than just google's (gmail). I suspect both of these are easily possible, just haven't gotten to the right section of the forums yet.

Thanks peeps!
  7. xmnj

xmnj New Member

Mac user here and no issues with iCal or Contacts syncing with Google, I basically turned on the option to sync with my Gmail account and it has been smooth sailing since. I can update my phone, Gmail contacts/calendar, or my Mac and they all sync up.

Just a side note, I noticed contacts does not sync up instantly on the Mac, I think there is a 15 minute cycle for it to automatically sync, I usually just wait as it is not a rush.