Not droided yet

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by cerbum, Dec 27, 2009.

1. cerbum

cerbum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still a DumbPhone(tm) user. Already on VZW, trying to decide to go droid or not. I'm a Mac/OSX gimp. Historically, VZW has completely and utterly SCREWED anyone who wanted to sync a VZW phone with a mac. Want to make sure Droid & OSX play well together before I take the plunge.

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    There are several Mac users on here, I will let them chime in.... Welcome to the Madness..

3. cerbum

cerbum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured there would be -- I've tried 'osx', 'mac' as search terms, and found absolutely nothing. I just tried 'apple', and sure enough, lots of search results. I'm amazed that mac and osx turned up nothing. Time to walk through the 'apple' search results.

4. sillyrabbitt123

Ratings:
    +0
    There really isnt anything to sync its all done with your gmail account for the most part.
    But the Droid and the Mac connect perfectly each time I hook them up to transfer my files back and forth. you have nothing to worry about it go for it.

5. mynameiserich

mynameiserich Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a mac owner and as far as transfering music, movies, etc its just drag and drop and I've had no problems with this whatsoever.

6. cerbum

cerbum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oddly enough, I don't care about music OR movies. I want to make sure the contacts in address book sync with the phone, and that you can get mail from servers OTHER than just google's (gmail). I suspect both of these are easily possible, just haven't gotten to the right section of the forums yet.

Thanks peeps!

7. xmnj

xmnj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mac user here and no issues with iCal or Contacts syncing with Google, I basically turned on the option to sync with my Gmail account and it has been smooth sailing since. I can update my phone, Gmail contacts/calendar, or my Mac and they all sync up.

Just a side note, I noticed contacts does not sync up instantly on the Mac, I think there is a 15 minute cycle for it to automatically sync, I usually just wait as it is not a rush.