Not connected to an HDMI cable!?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by gmen1818, Jan 16, 2012.

1. gmen1818

gmen1818 New Member

My Razr keeps saying I'm connected to an HDMI cable but I'm not! Someone please help!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Have you ever, in the past, connected your Razr HDMI to your TV?
  3. gmen1818

gmen1818 New Member

No but I have to an HDMI dock

4. jpcalhoun

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm just trying to figure out some things in my mind. What type of doc and did you have to install software to interface with the doc?
  5. gmen1818

gmen1818 New Member

It's just a Motorola made dock that can connect to a charger and an HDMI cable

6. jpcalhoun

Ok. Is there an app on your Razr that enables you to make settings or otherwise serves as an interface between your phone and the doc?
  7. gmen1818

gmen1818 New Member

Nope just an option bar the pops up in my notification bar asking me what type of dock mode I want

8. jpcalhoun

When you pull the notification bar down what options does it give you?
  9. gmen1818

gmen1818 New Member

It says connected to HDMI cable, Select to manage your HDMI connection

10. jpcalhoun

So when you select it what options does it give you?
  11. gmen1818

gmen1818 New Member

My Gallery, My Music, and Mirror on Display

12. jpcalhoun

Maybe this will go faster if you tell me what you have done that has been unsuccessful.
  13. gmen1818

gmen1818 New Member

What do you mean?

14. jpcalhoun

What actions have you taken to get rid of the HDMI notifications. Have you done a factory reset? Have you force closed the doc service? Have you selected one of the three options it gives you to no avail? I don't want to tell you to do something that you have already tried with no success.
  15. gmen1818

gmen1818 New Member

I've just played around with where the cables connect to the phone and sometimes it works but its not at all right now

16. jpcalhoun

Here is a recommendation. Go to menu>settings>manage applications> select all>find the Doc Service and select it. Clear cache, clear data and force stop it, then reboot your phone. That should clear the notification bar.
  17. ArizGent

ArizGent New Member

Bogus Notification: "Connected to HDMI cable" -This Error State HOSES normal features

11/11/11 at 11:11:11 am. Blew the big bucks on buying a new Verizon Motorola RAZR, RAZR Lapdock 100, Media Dock, Mobile Dock, etc etc.

Very very pleased with with this phone until last Friday, when for the first time, docked it to the RAZR Lapdock 100 all. It worked great while there.

After removing it from the Lapdock 100, The notifcation 'Connected to HDMI Cable' constantly appears, following by an insistance to select one of Dock Types: My Gallery, My Music or Mirrior on Display. If were just annoying, and a work-around was possible, that would not be so bad.

However, because the phone 'thinks' it is in an HDMI connected mode, many normal phone functions and custom applications no longer work. No answering of calls, no screen image in camera mode and no sounds in any multimedia mode (Video, Music, and Games). All attempts with Verizon technical support AND Motorola Technical support failed to remedy this, including power off reboots, storage reformatting and factory resets.

Worse. Neither Verizon nor Motorola technical support acknowledge this to be a known issue (despite hundreds of other users reporting to forums such as this one the IDENTICAL symptoms & problems just described.

What Next? Fortunately, I bought the replacment insurance (30% greater cost than for previous Motorola Droid Phones) But UNfortunately, will most likely receive someone else's re-furbished problem phone instead of another brand new $700 phone amd with no assurances that this issue will not occur again.

Advice: If this has happened you too, do what I am doing. Send email to as many Tech Mag/Reviewers as you can find. Unless there is enough publicity about this or an admission by Motorola that they are attending to resolving this issue, the GET IT FIXED campaign should not end.
  18. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Not to poopoo this but has anyone who has experienced this tried to dock the phone into a desktop HD Dock afterwards and then un-dock it to see if the problem goes away? I mean, if the Lapdock 100 caused this, but since the HD Dock also creates the same selection instances, perhaps it can jog the OS loose from whatever loophole it's stuck in due to the Lapdock 100.
  19. ArizGent

ArizGent New Member

Bogus Notification: "Connected to HDMI cable" -This Error State HOSES normal features

All your suggestions were applied. Forcing dock service to stop, only stays that way for several minutes before notification issue and forced Dock Type Selection issue screen re-appears.

Surprisingly the Factory Reset and Re-Formatting External and Internal Storage did not work either. From the intial state after factory reset, phone allows normal setup of accounts and apps just fine. But within a few minutes the bogus notification re-appears and auto-opens the Dock Type Selection Menu (3-Choices: My Gallery, My Music and Mirror on display). "None" is not a choice. Selecting any of the others, does nothing more than force a fixed screen for the type selected rather than one of the normal 5 home screens.

While in this mode, many phone features and applications no longer function properly (App Killer works but to no avail) No Lock is totally ignored, requiring password EVERY time screen timesout. Incoming calls are not announced. Although camera will take a picture, no preview is available. Sounds only work for minutes at a time when the 'Connected to HDMI cable' or 'Select Dock Type" issue messages is not being displayed. No speaker sounds at all when those issue messages are displayed.

I have utilized all 3 physical HDMI dock types (Media Control Dock, Mobile Dock, and Lapdock 100) to 'wiggle' connectors in, then out, both in power up and powered down modes with hope the phone would sense the disconnnect and return to normal.

Outbound calls can be made and other applications appear to work OK.
  20. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Damn, that sucks. I SURELY won't be docking MY RAZR into a Lapdock 100 now. Sorry for your misfortune but THANKS HEAPS for letting the rest of the community know. For that, sir...you are a saint.

How about this...have you flashed the Fastboot ROM onto it yet? I mean at this point it's pretty screwed up so the risk versus the potential reward may be worthwhile.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1416058
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
Search tags for this page

droid razr connected to hdmi cable

droid razr keeps saying connected to hdmi
droid razr m hdmi cable
droid razr maxx hdmi cable stuck in mirror image
motorola razr conntected to hdmi fix
my droid razr is saying hdmi connected but its not
my phone keeps saying connected to hdmi
my phone tells me it's connected to hdmi but it's not
phone keeps saying im conected to hdmi cable driod razr