not clear

jtastic33

Reaction score
ok so i tried the 3 step root process the steps are either not working im doing something wrong or the instructions arent very good
so i ran cmd did the cd then C:\androidall that then i ran the command in adb to make sure my phone was attatched started the steps and nothing happend what am i doing wrong am i missing something or what

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
Correction figured it out but step one gives me errors says cannot find data local. Either its not spelled the same or something. Restarted my phone and still nothing

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
Ya i went adb for dummies. Did all that put in adb ran the command to make sure it recognized. My phone

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
Naw is that mandatory though

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
Htc sync

tu3218

Reaction score
Naw is that mandatory though

I'm not sure, but I know its what allows your computer to see your phone or some sort like that. I would definitely go ahead and install it as that's what everyone says and recommends.

BubbaRob

Reaction score
Under Windows > Control Panel > "Device Manager" do you see your phone listed as a device? I did install HTC Sync prior to rooting and my phone was identified as a device called "My HTC" in Device Manager. ADB listed it as a number with the words "device" to the right of the command line. Check for both. When your phone is plugged in make sure there are no Yellow (!) under the Android section at the top in the Device Manager. This would indicate the driver is missing.

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
Thanks will try and let. U know

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
No it didn't work

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
bout to just give up in tryin to root did the manual way i got up where it rebooted my phone and i didt get the same options as the guy in the vdeo did i tried manual 5 times and this easy root process is any diffrent installed sync nothing i have never had this much problems rooting the d1 was alot easier then this mess

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
ok i installed htc sync still nothing i even tried the manual root process i got up til the phine restarts by using the downgrade so im in the boot loader my first screen options is the same as the guy in the video so i click it now the next screen that pops up isnt i tried the anual root 10 times so i try the easy root doing it like 5 times still nothing it say data local something temp 1 something then it says make sure its spelled correctly rooting the d1 wasnt this complicated wt am i to do know am i being stupid and missing something

OP
J

jtastic33

Reaction score
Reading devices...
Pushing Files...
Pushing psneuter
Pushing busybox.
Pushing data.img
Pushing PG05IMG.zip this message pops up after every one of these windows cant findC:\users\appdatalocal\temp\temp5_rooter%20(2)[1].zip\adb.exe. then it says make sure you typed the name correctly then try again it shows up after all of the pushing