Not booting up

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here are the steps.

1) boot into clockwork recovery. do that by following this: hen powering up your phone pull the battery when the boot animation pops up (the droid eye, not the M symbol) replace the battery and power the phone back on.

2) click on mount and storage

3) plug phone in computer

4) scroll down to usb mass storage (option on the bottom)

5) get file from here: (TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat) it does not matter whether odexed or deodexed. Odexed is stock like vzw put out, deodexed is what devs use to theme.

6) after downloading the 2.3.20 file to your computer move to your sdcard.

7) then follow the steps laid out in the MDW thread

8) right before you reboot wipe data and cache then reboot.

hgwilliams

Reaction score
hi, i really hope you get this soon PC, since its extremely important i have my phone working. I cannot even get to the droid eye boot animation. Im stuck at the M.
However, i can sometimes get to the batter charging screen.
also, i used clockwork recovery, but cant get into it with the method youve listed.
i can get into the official recovery menu, the motorola one, but i can only wipe data and cache, and that did me no good.

pleeease please please help!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you can get into recovery do you have a backup to restore?

OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

Reaction score
I cant get into the clockwork recovery. I can only get into the stock which I cant do anything from... ( i dont think). What I did and I think is my solution is i held the power button, volume rocker, and the camera button at the same time. It put me into the screen that tells you that the battery is ok and the other stuff like that. After I got that rsd recognized my device but the sbf fails after getting to 100% the first time... Do you think that Verizon would sbf it for me? somebody told me that they do that. I could also just get a replacement and blame it on the update to 2.3.20, but that might not work since when I boot up it says Epic by matt4954574875485 ( i dont know the exact number)

OP
GoPackGo

GoPackGo

Reaction score
Everything is good. The sbf finally worked and now I am back at stock. I don't think im going to reroot and do anything like that anymore until something truly awesome comes along... im just not good enough at this this stuff.