Not Amused: Verizon 4 G Devices

dannar

Reaction score
Does anyone continue to feel underwhelmed by Verzion's 4G devices? We know it's the best 4G network out there, and once it gets to where we live (because we're far-sighted like that, and can wait for something better than HSPA+). So, we feel that even though these devices are underpar, we're not sure we want to get into a long contract without 4G.

Is the LTE radio so difficult to put into devices that the manufacturer has to sacrifice a lot in terms of other tech just to fit it in? Is it worth it to use year old tech just to have access to that network?

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's still early. Verizon will come around, they always do. I love my Tbolt. Yes, it has some issues (mainly battery life), but I'm always one to have the newest toys.

If you're wanting something solid, I'd wait to see what's on the Horizon, otherwise you'll be full of frustration.

Otherwise, get something recent and ride the wave buddy.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
It's still early. Verizon will come around, they always do. I love my Tbolt. Yes, it has some issues (mainly battery life), but I'm always one to have the newest toys.

If you're wanting something solid, I'd wait to see what's on the Horizon, otherwise you'll be full of frustration.

Its really nice to see an honest thunderbolt owner. Every TB issue that gets brought up gets bombarded from TB owners saying "mines perfect, no issues, great battery life". Obviously its the most powerful phone that verizon has and im SURE that just about every issue will get worked out after a couple of OTAs, but with an average of 10 or so device problem threads a day, its extremely refreshing to have someone not take peoples issues with the device so personally.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone continue to feel underwhelmed by Verzion's 4G devices?
Certainly. Every carrier has customers griping about device selection.

Is the LTE radio so difficult to put into devices that the manufacturer has to sacrifice a lot in terms of other tech just to fit it in?
It's not just something that gets popped in if that's what you're asking. Everything seems simple when you aren't aware of the details involved.

Is it worth it to use year old tech just to have access to that network?
Impossible to answer. Worth is always highly subjective no matter the topic.

Its really nice to see an honest thunderbolt owner. Every TB issue that gets brought up gets bombarded from TB owners saying "mines perfect, no issues, great battery life".
So how do you know they're lying? Quite a leap in reasoning there... It's not impossible for some to have issues while others don't regardless of the device.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Its really nice to see an honest thunderbolt owner. Every TB issue that gets brought up gets bombarded from TB owners saying "mines perfect, no issues, great battery life". Obviously its the most powerful phone that verizon has and im SURE that just about every issue will get worked out after a couple of OTAs, but with an average of 10 or so device problem threads a day, its extremely refreshing to have someone not take peoples issues with the device so personally.

+1 on that...............