Not Allowing New Google Music App?

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Sorry I am really unfamiliar with titanium beyond creating backups, can you give me a step-by-step?

EDIT: attempted to uninstall, returned with error, "could not locate .Apk" also tried 'force delete' same error
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

nu2droid

Reaction score
Open tb and wait a sec for all programs to load. Tap the center tab at top (backup and restore), located the music app in the list. Tap it once and a small window should pop up. Tap uninstall.
Shut phone off, then turn it back on.
Return to the market and search "google music", tap to install.
Hope it helps..

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Update: apparently when I manually deleted the music .apk and reinstalled it from the XDA forum I got the cloud beta version (# 4.0.1.501) so the cloud options work just fine at this point I just can upgrade to the non beta. Oh well, maybe it will come with SDv4

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I am in sd3. Uninstalled google music with rummy's app manager (a root app). Rebooted the phone and tried to install from the market and it says it already exists. Anyone know a way around this?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I am in sd3. Uninstalled google music with rummy's app manager (a root app). Rebooted the phone and tried to install from the market and it says it already exists. Anyone know a way around this?

well like I said above I went over the the 'XDA forums' (just google it) and found the thread about the music app, I don't recall exactly what it was called, it did say in big letters on the first post on the thread something about it being a partial or beta version, and there was the .apk right there, I stuck it in the /system/app folder, and set the permissions and worked like a charm

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Easiest method is to find the google music 4.0.9 apk on the net, then install into system/app using root explorer method. That worked. Still can't buy or get music from the store though. Keeps giving me errors, and I've got the .12 market installed. Probably google is just being dicks.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Can't you just put the SD3 zip file on your computer, open it up, go into system/app and delete the music.apk, then put it on you SD card and re-flash the Rom and download Google Music from the market. Wouldn't that fix everyones problems. Just a thought

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I don't know enough about the ROMs work to answer that, I just know its always reccomended to unzip the file on your phone

nu2droid

Reaction score
Can use 7-zip on your pc. Google it, can download for free.

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Open tb and wait a sec for all programs to load. Tap the center tab at top (backup and restore), located the music app in the list. Tap it once and a small window should pop up. Tap uninstall.
Shut phone off, then turn it back on.
Return to the market and search "google music", tap to install.
Hope it helps..

I just completed this, step by step, and it worked perfectly. I would caution you though. Be certain you don't long press on the Google music application in TB, that uninstall "exploit" doesn't work.

Sent from my SteelDroid D3 (3.0) and TapaTalk

nu2droid

Reaction score
I just completed this, step by step, and it worked perfectly. I would caution you though. Be certain you don't long press on the Google music application in TB, that uninstall "exploit" doesn't work.

Sent from my SteelDroid D3 (3.0) and TapaTalk

Glad it it worked...