Not able to Mount USB anymore...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tanqueray, Mar 7, 2010.

1. tanqueray

tanqueray New Member

Not sure where to post this issue but just recently I am not able to Mount my USB to my lap top anymore. When I plug it in, the phone doesn't even get a notification in the bar that I'm plugged in.

Anybody have an idea of what might had happened?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Something with the drivers on the PC. You probably need to reinstall those drivers.
  3. bastosero

bastosero New Member

I've been having this problem also. Motorola updated their drivers. The last one was 4.2.0. The current one now is 4.5.0. When I try to plug my Droid by USB it won't detect it either unless I have USB Debugging on. I tried to downgrade back to 4.2.0, but it still wouldn't detect it unless USB Debugging is on. That's the way I have it for now to charge by USB while plugged in my computer. By the way, I completely uninstalled both versions of the drivers and re-installed both to see if it was an installation error, but I guess not. Before the upgrade to 4.5.0, I never had this problem even though I'm rooted and using the current SG ROM. So if you want to charge by USB, just enable USB Debugging for now.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  4. jev

jev Member

Same thing with me. But mine won't even charge with the dock or car unless usb debugging is checked. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
  5. bastosero

bastosero New Member

Are you rooted also, bro?
  6. tanqueray

tanqueray New Member

Thanks guys, I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling as well with no luck. But keeping the debugging mode on worked.
  7. jev

jev Member

Yep, rooted with droidmod but also went back to stock and still had the same problem.
  8. scanduscolin

scanduscolin New Member

This actually happened to me as well, it happened when I installed chevy's 1.25 OC kernel, then I moved to AdamZ and it fixed it for me. Do you have any kernels installed?

I'm running BB 1.2
  9. bastosero

bastosero New Member

I have Chevy's 1.25 kernel installed also and that's before the problem started for me so I don't know if that is the actual problem. I'll try to switch to a different kernel probably tomorrow and see if it changes.
  10. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

I'm having the same issue. I can not mount my droid to pc. I was gonna revert to stock from droidmod but apparrently that won't fix it.
  11. bastosero

bastosero New Member

For now, just enable the Debugging mode on your Droid so you could charge through USB and be able to mount your SD card to your computer. We might need to contact Motorola about this problem since it all started for me when they updated the drivers from 4.2.0 to 4.5.0, but I don't know about you guys.
  12. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

My PC makes it's usual 'sound' when a usb device is connected, but never recognizes my Droid. It does recognize the device when debugging is enabled but I'm unable to view my SD card this way. When I click on it, in My Computer, it says to insert disk...

EDIT: I'm leaving my comment above to show just how easy it is for someone, who might be very competent with the Droid, can easily overlook the simplest thing.

To answer my own question above.... My Dumb Arse forgot to "Mount" my Droid to my PC after being recognized in debugging mode! HAHA at myself.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
Search tags for this page

android 2.2 mount usb

android not mounting usb

android phone not mounting usb

android usb wont mount
droid 4 not mounting usb storage
droid dna usb mount
droid maxx doesn't have mount when usb plugged in
droid razr m mount usb disk greyed
droid razr usb storage wont mount
htc dna how to make it usb mount