Not able to delete or rename stock apps after dl09 update.

fishon

Reaction score
It sounds like root explorer isn't getting SU permissions

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Weird thing. I don't know how I did it, but I was able to rename CityID to .old and it's not showing up in application list...tried to do with Blockbuster and it's reverting back to original name. Now if I can just figure out how I did it with CityID....

fishon

Reaction score
I think I kinda know what the problem is. Root Explorer is getting Superuser to the root and certain folders, but NOT the /system or /system/app directory. I somehow got it to rename CityID and NFS Shift, so they are gone from my app list, but I can't repeat the process with Blockbuster.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I kinda know what the problem is. Root Explorer is getting Superuser to the root and certain folders, but NOT the /system or /system/app directory. I somehow got it to rename CityID and NFS Shift, so they are gone from my app list, but I can't repeat the process with Blockbuster.

In the superuser app u can clear permissions for RT and when u go back into RT it willagain request root...make sure u hit always allow

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
jogutier

jogutier

Reaction score
Yea, just did everything u discribed and still nothing. Let me try clearing re defualts

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
jogutier

jogutier

Reaction score
I tried the method u recommended and still nothing. And my clear default os already greyed out

fishon

Reaction score
I tried the method u recommended and still nothing. And my clear default os already greyed out

I might have the solution. I had the exact same problem, but when I switch to SU File Manager, I was able to rename the files. First as the previous poster says, just rename the file, then before you leave the /system/app director, you MUST TURN OFF THE READ/WRITE. Otherwise, some imbedded program will revert the original filename.