Not a fan of calling it "L"

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where did this single letter fad come from? Isn't it's official name Lollipop?? We didn't call Kitkat K.

Okay that is off my chest, I can move on! LOL

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lmao. Knowing Google the next generation of Android can end up being called anything. L is just safe. I remember everyone was convinced K was key lime pie.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Its just another letter. I'm sure it will be lollipop or licorice or later m&ms. Name doesn't matter.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yea word on the street is a sweet name is yet to be determined but it will be!

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lmao. Knowing Google the next generation of Android can end up being called anything. L is just safe. I remember everyone was convinced K was key lime pie.

Sent from my Eclipsed XT1060

I still think that was the plan but Kit Kat probably came in a bit later and said hey, we'll PAY you to use our name and Google said why not, good marketing :)

I agree, Android "L" isn't catchy at all.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Android L is just something Google is calling it, to try to still keep some mystery about the codename. I'm sure it won't be released as "L."

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just hope they don't throw another curve ball and call it "el" as in "el versión actualizada"
No way I could ever spell that without copy/paste and I'm not quite sure I'd even be able to pronounce it correctly.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

P

promo87

Where did this single letter fad come from? Isn't it's official name Lollipop?? We didn't call Kitkat K.

Okay that is off my chest, I can move on! LOL
Well, @LoneWolfArcher We are calling it L just because the name of Android's next version is still not decided, rumours across the web about L is just because of the series which is coming from the start F- Froyo , G- Gingerbread, H- HoneyComb, I- Ice-cream Sandwich, J- JellyBean,
K- KitKat and next is expected to be L- ( it's still not confirmed whats its name going to be) i.e. why we are calling it Android 5.0 or L :p