Normal Free mem

wade1

Reaction score
What is the normal amount of memory that should be free on the droid?

Reaction score
I idle around 30 or 40MB but really dont worry about it android handles itself well. If your using a task killer or anti virus get rid of it they are not needed and if u dont understand why then do some research on the forums or just go along with it, i would explain but i dont feel like explaining this for the 100th time sorry.

brochaos

Reaction score
i used to idle around 10, but now i use minfreemanager. helps prevent LP redraws too.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends on who you ask. You need to determine your own baseline.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
And since it's not a blackberry there is no need to get all worked up over it....Let the OS do it's job.

barrettrking

Reaction score
I'm only about two weeks into my Droid, and I'm convinced I don't need a task killer. I'm not peeking at pr0n on my phone, so I don't care about antivirus, either.

I'm an app maniac, trying new ones all the time, but only ones that I see recommended by the forums.

All that being said, I don't know how much memory my phone is using, or how much is free. I go to "running services" in my application settings, it says "avail: 25MB+78MB in 20, Other: 43MB in 3". That means nothing to little ol' me, but my phone is running fine with 15 or so installed apps right now.