wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks for the link.
thumbsup.gif

DDCtech

Reaction score
FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY! FINALLY!

There must have been 20+ threads at the B&N eReader forums calling for Android Support!!!. This was one of the major disappointments coming from a BlackBerry to my Droid. i had already invested in B&N ebooks, so i didn't want to start a new account with amazon.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
It's a big honking file! It's 17MB. I was going to install it but since I can't put it on the SD card I don't want to eat up that much space on my phone, especially when I already have Kindle.

neubanks89

Reaction score
does anyone know how to import epubs into the nook app or if its possible? I know there's a My Documents and Content folder on the sdcard but I tried dropping it in there and it didn't work.

jpayne97

Reaction score
does anyone know how to import epubs into the nook app or if its possible? I know there's a My Documents and Content folder on the sdcard but I tried dropping it in there and it didn't work.

So I added an epub book and found out that if you go to android settings, manange applications, and nook, then "clear data". It will show up. You will be able to scroll up and down on the sign in screen at your books, but once i log in it doesn't show up, but if i log back out it does. Guess its a work around at the very least.

Tune

Reaction score
I sure could use the actual APK for the Nook software. Anyone know how I can get it? I've been everywhere...

A friend of mine just bought a Digital Reader for his wife for Christmas and it has Android 2.1 installed, but from what I understand it does not have Nook on it and that is what she really wants. It also does not have the traditional android market, so I need to find the APK so I can install it that way.

Any ideas??

harrellj

Reaction score
The Nook itself isn't a single APK, its basically its own ROM with custom hardware. Depending on the model of reader she has, you might be able to sideload the Nook app, but I'd recommend doing searches for "model" sideload to find out more directions on that.

Tune

Reaction score
What I am referring to is the actual APK that we install on our android phones. Like, I have the Droid X... I have Nook installed from the market.

I wanted the .apk file for download. I understand the actual nook is a rom based feature product. I'm looking for the installable application. So install with a program like Astro...

Thanks.

Tune

Reaction score
Forget it... I was able to find it on my phone after searching Root Explorer I was able to grab it and copy it to my root SD Card.

I dragged it and .zipped it.

Here is the .apk file in case anyone needs it...

FYI, it's Nook 2.4

Last edited: