Nooby questions about scripts

OP
I

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
mine always says access denied when i use terminal emulator...

OP
I

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
oh do i have to? sorry im new to this? for example, i want the clock black thing do i write "su clockblack"?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh do i have to? sorry im new to this? for example, i want the clock black thing do i write "su clockblack"?

yeah typing su is what gives you superuser permission. So it would be like this

su (hit enter)
clockblack (hit enter)

Also jrummy has a newer version to his rom and it is really nice. Check out his thread for version 0.7.

OP
I

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
are you using the v. 0.7? i would like to upgrade but im kinda nervous :p im super new to this hehe

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I currently am not running .7 but I did for a while and I really liked it. If you are comfortable switching roms I would recommend it with no hesitation. If you do it through rom manager he now has a pretty sweet set up where you can add a bunch of extra "goodies" right through rom manager.

OP
I

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
i have one more question if you dont mind, what is a kernel and 5 slot kernel whats the difference between the 5 and 7 slots. and how about the p3 kerns and the bekit... thanks man... appreciate it...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
No worries man, we all had the same questions when we started rooting our phones. I am still relatively new to rooting so I have had to figure this all out as well. A 5 slot kernel allows you to have 5 different speed settings whereas a 7 slot allows you to have 7 different speed settings. So if you DL a rom that comes stock with a 7 slot overclocking kernel up to 1ghz you will have 125, 250, 550 (which is the default speed) 700, 800, 900, 1ghz. I suggest you read the following thread I will post. Very helpful with all overclocking questions.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/31461-over-clocking-101-concert-blackdroid-roms.html

Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to, it is far better to go into the situation with as much knowledge as you can.

OP
I

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
ohhhh now i get it.... im trying to install 0.7 now, thanks for your help man.... now i feel like i know something (at least) lol

OP
I

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
does anyone know how to put apk files on system/apps folder on droid? ASTRO doesnt work for me copying the files...

BACAbone

Reaction score
the best file manager i have found is root explorer. it is a paid app but a must have imo