Noobster has a TBolt

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by drastik211, Apr 12, 2011.

1. drastik211

drastik211 New Member

I'm new to the droid software. I've always had a crackberry for work related reasons so I could never really customize my phones. I have a new job now and finally got my hands on a droid, Thunderbolt that is. I love this phone soo far. After reading up on rooting and different Roms for other droid phones, I definitely want to root and maybe try a ROM setup on mine.
  2. droidlady05

droidlady05 New Member

Welcome to the forums! Good luck with your TBolt! I wish I was eligible for an upgrade. Most of the crackberry converts say they'd never go back.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Welcome to the community and congrats on the TB. Its a solid device and also just do your reading before rooting and before installing rom's and you will be fine. There is a great support team behind the TB so questions will easily be answered. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and also feel free to make yourself at home.
  4. drastik211

drastik211 New Member

That is a fact! I'll never go back to a crackberry after having this phone. The only thing I'm not use to is the short battery life compared to my other phones. After turning several things off and dimming my screen brightness I think I'll be able to cope. MY charger is never far from me though lol.
  5. droidlady05

droidlady05 New Member

Are you in a 4G area? If so, download phone info or LTE on/off from the market, so you can turn off 4G when you don't need it to save battery.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. drastik211

drastik211 New Member

I'm in Indiana, the only place that has 4G so far is Purdue's campus in West Lafayette....I got it from the market and it is making a big difference. Thanks alot! I did have a small question....I have some RSS feeds I want to unsubscribe from but every time I try to it says "unable to unsubscribe" no clue how to get them off now lol.
  7. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum! isn't it exciting??? Lol...yup I would not go back to BB either. I miss it but RIM just wasn't keeping up with the times. glad u made it over.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G