Noobie...Wallpapers for Incredible

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by fidgty, Dec 2, 2010.

1. fidgty

fidgty New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do I get wallpapers that fit the Droid Incredible?
    Every one I download does not fit evenly...I crop and try everything imaginable.
    No luck.
    Please assist in any way possible.
    Thanks so much and Happy Holidays!

2. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe there is a droid incredible section in this forum and they would have what you need.

3. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    Check Zedge in the Market - Great Wallpapers Sized to Fit

4. kenbiz

kenbiz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Zedge wallpaper are hit n miss. Some fit .. I downloaded a lot the were just too big for the screen..

5. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could resize the images to the proper dimensions.

If the image doesn't have the correct dimensions then you'll have to crop it. If the image has the appropriate dimensions you'll need to resize the crop box to include the entire image.

6. lapya

lapya New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    http://smartphonexperience.blogspot.com/2010/12/zoom-problem-while-setting-photograph.html

Here is my own solution for it...

Many times I found this issue quite annoying. Whenever you take a photo and decide to put whole of it onto your main screen you always come up with a magnified giant and cropped version of your photo when you hit the home button! Because android OS needs a 960*854 version to cover all homescreens, by default it is 3. So whenever you pinch to right or left it moves by 240 pixels! So here is the solution... I used irfanview as image editor and created two versions of my photo. 240*854 and 480*854. Then I used create panorama function and stitched 3 images horizontally, 240*854, 480*854 and 240*854 respectively, i used same shrinked version of my photo twice to put to the left and right wings of my original photo. Then when I pressed set as walpaper I finally managed to select whole of my original photo withour seeing cropped or crap version of it :) VOILA!

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums App

7. lapya

lapya New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In portrait mode our droid/milestone's photos fill the whole screen thanks to its n fold of 480*854 resolution in portrait mode. (For landscape.mode it is another story) However android os wants you to choose a photo having at least 960*854 resolution (w*h) as wallpaper, that is why we cant see the whole picture, because our photos doesn't fit to that default requirement. So if you take a photo in portrait mode you should con the android os by providing above explained trick, just check below two images for a visual proof. In the first link, you shall find original photo taken with milestone in portraid mode which is shrinked to 480*854 res, in the second link with the above trick you shall find an image which is combined three versions of the very same photo, 240*854 + 480*854 + 240*854 = 960 * 854. When you use second image to set as wallpaper you will see the yellow box will fill the whole image thanks to its 960*854 res and when you hit the home button you'll see the original image will fill the homescreen. To see the difference use first image to set as wallpaper, you'll see how above and below parts disappear to fill it in a 960*854 size yellow box.

BTW, in order to see homescreen image whole time I use zeam launcher, it gives me an option to fix the homescreen number to 1 2 or 3 and etc. By fixing fix it to 1 the very originial photo fits to the homescreen, if you set it to 3 you should set 2nd homescreen as default homescreen to see the original image covers whole screen, you may also disable background wallpaper's move when you flick homescreen to left or right in order to fix your image stay at center...

Hope that helps...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

noobie wallpapper

resolution: 480*854 incredible wallpaper

s4 zedge wallpaper won't fit

wallpaper s4zedge