Noobie Here.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by spyknee, Feb 26, 2011.

1. spyknee

spyknee New Member

Hello,

Just purchased an HTC Incredible that came with Froyo 2.2 Build 3.26.605.1 on it.

Now of course, since this is a new device, I'm learning.
    Been peruseing many forums and,,,,,,,,,, well....?'s

1) Stock battery, life, sux.
    2) When trying to use the app "KOI POND", the fish stuttered. This tells me I need to OC the "snapdragon".

Now, in the long run I will still be turning off whatever I can, even after an OC, and dumping KOI Pond. But for now it seems a good tester for performance.

I am an amatuer enthusiast that has built a couple of desktops and OC'ed them. Limited Knowledge, but I'm self taught, and I am going to get the most from this mini puter, dam it. LOL

Is this OS, currently rooted, and can I use the method in the link to upgrade to Android 2.3?
    Complete Guide to Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread on HTC Droid Incredible

After achieving a successful Android 2.3 upgrade, will I be rooted and able to use setCPU to OC the snapdragon?

Any suggestions or links to info is greatly appreciated.

I have DL'ed the Android USB driver, reflash package.exe, I was hesitant on the Android 2.3 SDK?????????????????????

Thanx:icon_ banana:
  2. jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008 New Member

If phones came rooted...... No you have to root using Unrevoked, and you can pretty much OC on any ROM, gingerbread sucks since it lacks HTC Sense UI. But battery is a little better.

It's my personal opinion that you should never get a Dinc
    Unless prepared to invest in an extended battery. The stock one does suck, and OCing is only going to make it worse. 1ghz can handle a koi pond app, must be a lousy app.

I would underclock if anything, I can run as low as 550mhz or so with little if any performance issues.

The best of luck, rooting is always good clean fun lol.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App
  3. jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008 New Member

...As for getting GB, IF YOU INSIST, Google a ROM called "fusion gingerbread". Best GB ROM out there as far as I know.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App