"Noobie Alert", Hello to all..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Sparkmaster, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Sparkmaster

Sparkmaster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, joined this site a few days ago and trying to figure out my phone..

Little about myself, Im a male 45 years old coming from the BB Storm line since day one of Storm 1 release and day one since Storm 2 release and while I did love it, I hated all the lag and battery pulls and lack of memory. So, I was up for a upgrade and seen a sale for the Incredible for $9.99 with free shipping and here I am today.. I love it.. wake up with it and go to bed with it trying to figure out stuff..

Now I understand the push apps on the droid that you can't remove unless u root (Which i having even gone read that yet), but what do you guys do to organize your icons. With the BB you create folders like "Junk" and put all your icons that you don't use in there. What do you guys do??

Thanks

2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forums!

I too converted from the BB Storm (1)...back in November when the D1 lauched.

I use an app called Folder Organizer Lite to create folders for icons on the home screens.

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Welcome! God to have you with us.I believe you will find the Incredible less "Stormy" :)
    I use an app called Apps Organizer which allows me to create folder and store apps.

Mike

4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Apps Organizer was made by the same developer of Folder Organizer btw :)

5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    Welcome to the forum. I too am a BB convert. I believe you will find a lot us here. Glad you found us and hope you call us home.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. Sparkmaster

Sparkmaster New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone.. I am learning.. Trying to teach a old dog new tricks is sometimes funny (For others)..

I will try the apps u guys suggested.. Thanks again.. More questions after I do searches will follow if I become stuck and "Stupid".. :)