1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Noobie about to root.... quick question... anyone help!?!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Srkx Mokwi, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Srkx Mokwi

Srkx Mokwi New Member

Okay i've had my Dinc for about 3 weeks now. For the past 2 weeks i've been don't nothing but reading and reading and watching every video I can abut rooting my phone!! So my question is it seems that this unRevoked3 is very easy and noob friendly to do, but i have also seen on other forums that some people are having problems with space and the cam and some apps. So i'm asking the Real Pros!! Is this somthing I just have to accept if I want to root??

Thanks for the Help!!

Scott
  2. Srkx Mokwi

Srkx Mokwi New Member

And.......... which Drives do i have to make sure are installed and how do I do this??
  3. gavron

gavron Guest

Yeah, don't root your phone. If you've spent two weeks doing nothing but watching videos and reading about rooting... you are not a good candidate and you will have a bad experience.

E
  4. Srkx Mokwi

Srkx Mokwi New Member

I got the rooting done last night!!! No problems other than one miner speed bump but I was able to handle it myself!! I'm so pumped!!! I can't wait till I get off work tonight, So i can flash my first ROM!!! :icon_ banana:

Scott

:greendroid: Rooted HTC Droid Incredible :greendroid:
  5. oozeeh

oozeeh New Member

good stuff mate. i remember the first time i rooted my phone to 2.1 cause i couldnt wait for it. i then just unrooted, and got the OTA update. then re-rooted my phone during lunch so i can tether at work. good times.
  6. Srkx Mokwi

Srkx Mokwi New Member

Yeah I'm pumped that I got it to work the 1st try!!! Much thanks to the people at Unrevoked for truly making it simple!! Now i just need to pick a ROM to flash once i get out of work and i get home so i can keep the fun going!!!

Scott

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1
  7. oozeeh

oozeeh New Member

thats nice mate. i rooted due to need. and i'm quite glad there's a lot of support for mods/hacks for moto droid. gotta love the freedom.
  8. Srkx Mokwi

Srkx Mokwi New Member

Yeah i'm kind of jelious there are a ton more ROMs for motodroid.... but i mean the root on the Dinc is still pretty fresh so it's only a matter of time before there will me more.... I hope!!!

Scott

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1