Noob

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Is what I am.I recently got a droid 2 and I want to learn to root and hack and what not.A little searching led me here and now I realize it is something I have to do.I have never done anything like rooting so any pointers for a serious noob would help(lamens terms please :))

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. if you decide to root prepare by reading and making notes. If you have questions post them. Then, if you decide rooting is for you the community will be here to assist.

Mike

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Thank you guys a lot.It is kind of intimidating to be honest,is bricking an issue with droids?I kind of want to have my d2 for about two weeks to really get a feel for everything before enhancing my experience.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is what we suggest, get comfortable with your device first, then start thinking about hacking it - in the meantime Read - Read - Read

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Alright,I am glad you guys are here to help.I somewhat know what a rom is through the use of emulators but I do not think those are the same as the ones discussed on here.All of this is foreign to me,but I am vvveeeeerrrryyyyy eager to learn.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes there are two types of roms really. one is for the emulators and the other type deals with root. the one usually referred to on here is the root one.

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Alright now that that is cleared up.What would you suggest I start reading into first?I plan on seriously investigating and becoming at least somewhat familiar with most aspects of rooting.

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
You guys really are awesome!!!!I keep seeing everyone insists on having backups,what exactly is that and how do I make/use it?

OP
K

Kendroid24

Reaction score
Ah I have gotten ahead of myself...Once rooted will I be able to do all the sweet rooted stuff without a computer?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes but itll cost you :) all roms are on here free of download, but Rom Manager (paid) will give u an app to download them on ur phone.