1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

noob ?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by painbird, Aug 7, 2010.

1. painbird

painbird New Member

i want to change my droid theme, (currently running the BB .4 rom) and i couldn't find any info on if i don't like the theme i change to, how can i revert back to my old theme?

any help?

thanks and sorry if it's been asked before
  2. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

You can use any theme you like (including your old theme), just stay with the rom you've got installed (Bugless Beast), and make sure the theme you pick is compatible with that rom version. All you need to do is install it the same way you did the existing rom - SP Recovery, Rom Manager, whatever. It might be a good idea to wipe everything, prior to installing, but that isn't carved in stone. I *hate* to wipe, because it means I need to reinstall everything afterward (a PITA), so I almost never wipe, unless I'm installing a new rom or theme that I've never used before, and don't know much about. Wiping will never *cause* you problems - other than the hassle of reinstalling - but NOT wiping can lay the seeds for REAL problems, so always do a backup.

-Mike
  3. painbird

painbird New Member

Cool but how can I go back to the default theme if I don't like the new one? Thanks for the help....
  4. UltraDroid

I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you say "default theme" - you mean the one that's on your phone right now? If that's the case, go to wherever you got that theme from, download it to your computer - more space than on your phone - and store it someplace for possible future use.

-Mike
  5. jatx2wne

jatx2wne Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

You could also just make a backup of what you currently have then if you don't like what you switch too just restorer the backup.
  6. UltraDroid

Yeah, jatx2wne is exactly right! That makes more sense than my idea. :):)

-Mike
  7. painbird

painbird New Member

ok, the theme i have now is just the one that comes with the phone. thanks for all the help.