Noob

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by audiored, Jun 29, 2011.

1. audiored

audiored New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a Droid Charge today.

I had all but set on buying a HTC Thundebolt. After using each at the store I decided that I liked the Charge better.

I'm new to Android. I had been using a iPhone 3gs for 2 years previously.

So hi, I'll probably be around a bit asking questions.

2. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome!!! I love my charge and hopefully you do too. I downloaded launcherpro and better keyboard though. Make it a lot better

Sent from my droid charge

3. Moreno

Moreno Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hands down, I also had my mind set on the HTC Thunderbolt, than decided to get the Samsung Droid Charge due to the screen being a lot better, and battery life so far is awesome. I am getting at least 10 hours to 12 hours on this baby.

4. MsCrackerjack

MsCrackerjack New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm all new, too. :) Had a BB Storm/2 for 2 years. Learning as I go. In fact, I'm embarrassed to admit how intimidated I am by this phone! My husband (who is a tech guy and coordinator) would laugh at me if I told him...so, I'm here, looking for awesome things to learn and do so that I can then brag about to dh that I can do something he can't!

5. audiored

audiored New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear you're enjoying your phone as well. I'm very happy with my purchase so far and that I decided to give Android and this phone in particular a try.

I've found the phone to be very easy to use. Hardware and software wise everything seems to work well. I'm loving the swype keyboard. Colors on the screen are just so strikingly beautiful. It has the best camera of any smart phone I've used.

I have had a couple buggy experiences which have been solved by a reboot or pulling the battery. There are a couple idiosyncrasies about the phone that I'm am going to have to learn to love.

Took me awhile to find a good video player. Long story short, MoboPlayer is great for video on this phone!

Synching my music, videos and pictures has been a challenge. I did use the doubleTwist software to do the initial sync and get all my play lists on the phone.

I ended up buying poweramp to be my music player. I had hoped to use the gmail music app, but that doesn't seem ready for prime time. If your music needs help with meta tags MixZing (the free version) is great.

Another cool thing is the alarm. Check it out. It has a smart alarm feature which gently starts to wake you up 5 minutes before your alarm time.

I think now that I got my music, videos and pictures all worked out. I have all the apps I know I'll be using on a regular basis installed. I'm just settling in with it.

I was so used to how my old phone worked for everything from alerts to the bluetooth in my car, that this phone will take some adjustment time.

6. DrPepper721

DrPepper721 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I see that many of you guys are new to the DROID Charge. So am I I have had this phone for about 2 weeks now and I definitely recommend it to anybody who is looking for a 4G LTE phone.

The speed on this phone is amazing and I am just really impressed on the phones actions.

Since many of you guys are new to.the DROID Charge I will tell you one of the apps I love the most. It is called 4 share and it is were other ppl post up uploads for apps. The reason I like this application and why many other ppl do is because u may get the paid apps from the Droid store for free on this app.

Hope this helped out guys.
    Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums