NOOB with my DROID

rochpersdef

Reaction score
Hey all. Just jumped in to the DROID world from the Crackberry land. SO far, so good, but I know it will take some time playing with the phone to see how to do stuff. Has anyone located an easy tutorial or is there one here?

Dave

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
:rofl3::rofl3:

there is no real guide you just have to jump in and it helps if you have some friends that have the droid. There are lots of tips and tricks.. The best advice I can give is to read. Is there anything specific you want to do?

OP
R

rochpersdef

Reaction score
An easy way to edit the address book for one. I have to place the 'unblock code' on all the numbers I call regularly. Another would be speed dials if possible, suggestions on apps, making the phone truly on vibrate.....

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Just jumped in to the DROID world from the Crackberry land. SO far, so good, but I know it will take some time playing with the phone to see how to do stuff. Has anyone located an easy tutorial or is there one here?

Dave

Welcome! The Droid is so superior to the BB. Use the forum threads to locate topics that interest you. Verizon has a user guide that may help get you started (google DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf)

This forum and phone are addictive.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
An easy way to edit the address book for one. I have to place the 'unblock code' on all the numbers I call regularly. Another would be speed dials if possible, suggestions on apps, making the phone truly on vibrate.....

I'm not understanding the "unblock code" issue. All of my contacts ported over from my Exchange and Gmail.

You can set up individual speed dials. Long press(Press and hold) on one of your screens. Tap shortcut, tap direct dial. Then select the contact. You can set other shortcuts as well.

Go to the market and look for Apps Organizer. It will create icons/folders that contain several apps.

Enjoy.
Mike

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by unblock code to edit your contacts... You have the motorola droid right?

OP
R

rochpersdef

Reaction score
My number is blocked for privacy. There are a few people that I release the block so that they know it's me. I have to edit a bunch of numbers to add the '*82' prefix to unblock the privacy

OP
R

rochpersdef

Reaction score
OK. Here's one:

I want to set it up where I can autodial my voicemail and have the phone pause, then enter my passcode, then hit 1 to access the new messages......

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
For that put a "p" in the phone number for a pause then put your code in. Like this

555-555-5555p1234p1

p = 2 second pause so if you need a longer pause add another p

OP
R

rochpersdef

Reaction score
I hit the 'pause' function and it puts a comma. The tones go too fast and I think the system can't keep up!