Noob with Android Market question

cartmann32

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I've never had a smart phone before, and recently picked up a Droid X last week. Quickly I'm learning all I can on this forum....so thanks a bunch!!

I'm going to start 'buying' apps, as the free ones are ok, but I need an app that costs money. I've never had a Google Checkout account, but I set one up on my computer for this reason. I never got an authorization code from Google, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to send me another one...or if I even need one.....when I log into my checkout account, it says it's there and everything is up to date.

When I click Buy on my phone from the market, it says none of my accounts have checkout........very annoying.

Anyone else run into this issue???

I'd appreciate your help.

OP
cartmann32

cartmann32

Reaction score
I guess I shold ask if Google Checkout is the only way you can purchase apps, or if there is another way

fatpomp

Reaction score
Did you try setting up Google checkout on your phone through the market when you try to buy an app? That's how I did it the first time.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

igknight

Reaction score
You can also go into Google Checkout and set it up.

From what I have been reading, Google is going to allow PayPal and other forms of paying for apps, but it is not available as of yet.

OP
cartmann32

cartmann32

Reaction score
Figured it out.
My gmail email account is [email protected] and not [email protected]
Apparently they don't jive like they should.
So now I have a basic @gmail.com account and we're all good there.
I was pulling my hair out over this one for wayyyyy to long.

Thanks all.

Paypal would be nice