noob w travel questions...

amyk

Reaction score
I am going on my first cruise!!! yay for me!! :icon_ banana:
our itinerary takes us from Fort Lauderdale to St. Thomas for a day, then Puerto Rico, and then Nassau, Bahamas for a total of seven days (three full days at sea)

my question is this: I know I can get a pro-rated international data plan for monthly fee of $69.99ish, and it would really only be needed for a week, and would mostly be used to tether to my laptop to upload photos, check weather and destination events, facebook, emails, this forum lol, :motdroidhoriz:etc (most of which I could definitely live without, but would I want to, if I didn't have to lol....I'm spoiled) sooooo, those of you who have cruised, would I really even have the time/energy to be bothered with internet items?? Would it just be a PITA that I won't really use and waste of money?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Might be cheaper for a wifi plan on the ship....Might want to call and check into that.

joshua117

Reaction score
I definitely agree with backnblack, it would probably be much cheaper to use the wifi services on board. most cruise ships and hotels offer this service for free or little charge.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a tech geek but kept my devices locked in the safe for the entire cruise.

If you do want to use your device with the ship's tower or while in port make sure that you have the coverage you need. CDMA (network tech that the Droid uses) isn't found much outside the US. You'll need a suitable world phone unless you're just going to use WiFi.