Noob to the forum!

Reaction score
Well i have done a lot of research on the ever so wonderful World Wide Web on rooting. I finally decided to go for it, and it might have still been to early. I am having some major ISSUES, maybe I'm just over-reacting. not sure yet. Everyone seems friendly, anyone willing to help? any help will be greatly appreciated!

Cloppy

Reaction score
Sure there are alot of people willing to help. just post your issues in the proper forum and a description of your problem and device you will get a response

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum

What kind of problems are you having ?

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
O
Reaction score
I am not having any luck booting past the M. I can get to Bootloader, as well as Recovery. I rooted 2 days ago using Soup or Root V2.06. I was trying to load my first rom. Complete failure. lol. I was running Froyo Frg22d. Droid 1. The update is going onto the sd as update.zip.zip.

Thanks for the help tp76

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What are you typing the file's name as?

I am not having any luck booting past the M. I can get to Bootloader, as well as Recovery. I rooted 2 days ago using Soup or Root V2.06. I was trying to load my first rom. Complete failure. lol. I was running Froyo Frg22d. Droid 1. The update is going onto the sd as update.zip.zip.

Thanks for the help tp76

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
O
Reaction score
i have just been putting it as update. Should i do something else? Also my SD card is showing empty when I put it in comp.

OP
O
Reaction score
The only place i can access the file is via sd adapter for computer. I try installing from SD in clockworkmod recovery and it says file not found.

Orakle

Reaction score

Thanks for the help tp76

U should access the update.zip.zip file from your computer and rename to update.zip (not .zip.zip) and try again...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's probably because its update.zip.zip. I dl'd all of my ROMs from the phone itself and use Androzip to move and rename it. I also us SPRecovery to install instead of CW.

The only place i can access the file is via sd adapter for computer. I try installing from SD in clockworkmod recovery and it says file not found.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
O
Reaction score
Ok im getting it to start install in recovery, but its saying the file isn't full and signature authorization failed.

Orakle

Reaction score
Try using Androzip to move and rename the update file like DroidDoes does.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Orakle

Reaction score
I was waitin to see if Droid Does had a suggestion...I would try to flash SPRecovery into the phone, then install the .zip for SuperUser & finally the ROM of ur choice....I'm no to into Clockwork Recovery.....