1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Noob @ rooting looking for advice

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Orion223, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Orion223

Orion223 New Member

Hi all - so much info here, hard to make heads or tails of it. Like many, I grow weary of Verizon's excuses and would like to root and more. My main issue is which direction to go ... seeing a good bit of promise in BB, but don't know if that's a first step or an addendum to something you do beforehand, also would like some help in understanding in what U.D. 7.8/8.0/whatever it's at now. ... sorry for my noobness LOL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    If you're interested in Bugless Beast, see the last link in my signature. If you want to use a different ROM, when you get to the step to install Bugless Beast just use the Nandroid backup from that ROM instead.
  3. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

matthew thread is a great thread..would highly reccommend reading it and following it. some might say install droid mod i am sure it is a great app that makes everything easy but you will learn more by doing it yourself but some since of pride if your in to it. bb is a ultra smooth rom i liked it.. i did make the switch to ultimate droid for several reasons. it seems to run better on my phone i like the looks of it. wanted to try something diffrent i have tried almost all roms posted in this forum i like ud the best..not taking away from any of the devs they all do great work and they all had something i liked better on there roms.. best bet get to 2.1 via any way you want and try the diffrent ones.. pick your fav and keep up with that one. hope i was some help to you

justin
  4. Orion223

Orion223 New Member

O.K. here's where I stand - please feel free to educate me if I have it wrong ... start with rooting, follow the steps graciously provided by matth3w, insert nandroid for U.D. 8.0 in the appropriate place, then utilize other bits & pieces as desired ... this about right?
  5. bb-gun

bb-gun New Member

Heres a website i made that keeps it organized Droid Things ... put your mouse over the "rooting" tab, and do the three tutorials in order (how to root, busybox, sprecovery). Then you can start to install roms and other things
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    yep...100% correct
  7. Orion223

Orion223 New Member

Thx a mint Matt - here goes nothing LOL :)
  8. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

You'll be fine. Someone will be here if you need help.

Mike