Noob rooter... 2 questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by amajamar, Aug 4, 2010.

1. amajamar

amajamar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this is the right forum for this qustions but I just rooted for the first time to 2.1 and I am have a couple of questions.

One, if I use Titanium Backup to back up everything, and I change roms ( I want to try one of the 2.2's) will it reinstall all the apps and settings? I spent a few hours resetting everything after rooting and it was kind of a pia. That would suck to do each time...

Also, I use K9 mail and after rooting it won't activate the LED as part of the notification. The other parts of the notificaion works, (notification bar, sound). Is there a setting that activates the LED? Actually, as I am thinking about it, it is not illuminating at all for anything? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

2. deaf leppy

deaf leppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To the first, yes, TI will restore both the app AND the app data, as long as you choose "app and data" during the backup selection.. The only downside is you will have to manually restore each app using TI..
    I believe there are options for the LED notification in the settings menu, not sure where specifically.. I do know that some apps have settings of their own dictating the use of the LED, such as Handcent SMS..

3. amajamar

amajamar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, is there a better backup utility for root? One that can batch restore as well as restore the market links?

4. deaf leppy

deaf leppy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    TI is pretty good, you aren't going to get much better then it. When I say "manual", I mean TI prompts you and you just have to click "allow". You don't have to go through and find each app on the market again..