1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Noob ROM questions..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kikitt, Sep 3, 2010.

1. kikitt

kikitt New Member

Hello, I am thinking about rooting it looks so enticing o do so with all of the different ROMs you can use but there are certain ones I was looking for that I saw and now I can't seem to find out what they were called...I was looking for a ROM with a black notification bar, and the battery bars are in a circle with the percentage in the circle and the other icons there were the same as stock..and I was wondering if there was a ROM that is just like the stock version of FRG22D. If someone could lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it, thank you.

-Kikitt
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

You are not describing a ROM as much as you are a theme...a ROM really dictates how the O/S works and performs, and some of the options that might be included, a theme is the appearance of the ROM, most ROM's have multiple theme choices

There is a theme section here accessible via the home page
  3. caseyc

caseyc New Member

once your rooted you can find a rom you like then basically change anything to look how you want it to. with themes and metamorph and ninjamorph you can pretty much do whatever you want
  4. kikitt

kikitt New Member

5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Once you root, you will need to load a rom. I would suggest before you start the rooting process go into the various "Custom Rom" sections and read about the different roms and their themes. One thing to remember themes do not work on all roms so you have to pay attention to what themes you want to use and if they are compatible to the rom you are running. Also in each developers section they will have instructions on how to download their rom to your phone. So do a little homework first and get a game plan as to which rom and theme you want then start in.

Remember we are here if you get stuck.
Search tags for this page

review noob rom