Noob questions about rooting Moto Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kikitt, Aug 23, 2010.

1. kikitt

kikitt New Member

Hello, I am new to rooting and I am really wanting to because of the customization availiable and overclocking, and other features. I just had some questions. I am running 2.2 FRG01B, first of all I was looking for a way to root and I found Easy Root, and DMUpdater, I was wondering which would be better to use or if there is no difference.

My second problem is that I don't know if I want to use custom ROMS, I just want to change notification bar color and font color, and fonts. Is there an easy way to do this like an app that will let me choose colors. I found one for changing system fonts but nothing for colors. The reasoning that I didn't want to use custom ROMS is just because I like how launcherpro works right now for my launcher and I just wanted to stick with that.

Lastly about overclocking, is there a certain setting that work best for Droids or is it all trail and error?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Kikitt
  2. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

DMUpdater seems to work better as many people have come back with problems with easy root

there are some roms out there that only make it stock and you can theme it using metamorph

overclocking, yes its trial and error, as every phone is different as what it can handle, yours could do 1.25 ghz or a max of 800 without issues its the luck of the draw
  3. kikitt

kikitt New Member

Okay, thank you very much for the quick response, Meta morph seems like it might be something Im not sure if I can do..do you know of any froyo stock roms with a black notification bar?
  4. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

5. kikitt

kikitt New Member

Awesome, thank you very much :) and while I have you one last question if I could...when i root will I need to install nandroid and SPrecovery, and if so is it hard to do? or can i install these before I root to make sure that I don't mess anything up before I have something to flash to?

-kikitt
  6. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

do you have 2.2 or 2.1 do you know?
  7. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

8. kikitt

kikitt New Member

Oh okay, yes i'm using 2.2 right now, so I would just use DMUpdate and I won't have to worry about installing a backup from there? Thank you so much for your help.

-kikitt
  9. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

yes thats correct, sorry i was on my lunch at work

use dmupdater follow instructions and it will all be done from there, however to install the rom you will need mroe help
  10. kikitt

kikitt New Member

Awesome thank you for all of your help, I should be good with loading the ROM at least ive found some good info on that. Have a good night and thank you again.

-kikitt